RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Morning commute

Great ride into work this morning. She is running great with the PCIII USB, what a difference!

·
Registered
753 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They were calling for rain that day, so I got in early and left early. That's how I like work days anyways. :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
Nice bike Gib! Glad to hear its running tits. I would say that the PC is a MUST HAVE mod for the RC. Without it, it lurches at low rpm and has a snatchy throttle.

I cant commute on the RC though. I travel almost 80mi round trip, and its all freeway. So that pretty much sucks on the wrists and backside:mad:

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice bike Gib! Glad to hear its running tits. I would say that the PC is a MUST HAVE mod for the RC. Without it, it lurches at low rpm and has a snatchy throttle.

I cant commute on the RC though. I travel almost 80mi round trip, and its all freeway. So that pretty much sucks on the wrists and backside:mad:
Apparently not that nice, I'm getting embarrassed in the BOTM contest! :eek:

But I think you are right, the PC is must for the RC. I don't know why I had a negative connotation with the power commander before, maybe because the only time I saw it was douche bags on craigslist with some modded out bike trying to make it faster.

When in fact the power commander made my RC much much nicer to ride. Exactly like you said, low rpms are smoother. I highly recommend one for those that are on the fence about it.

My trip to work is mostly highway, when I get off my wrists are a bit sore, so I know what you mean. I don't have a corbin seat or anything, so my arse is hurting as well.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Sheeeeeeeet! This is what mine does! ok whose got a used PCIII / PCV they want to sell me cheap?

Superbike Supply has new PCV's for $269 I believe. But just remember...the PC is only as good as the map ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wish I could commute. But it's not really a commute when you work less than 3 minutes from your house. Sometimes I wake up early and go riding before work.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That sounds great. My wrists wouldn't hurt after a 3 min ride.

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
I do commute occasionally on the RC, but getting all my gear on and riding 20 minutes at 7:00 am around here is a bit em, wasteful. Have to carry street/office clothes to change into when I get to work (that ain't so bad, it's what my tank bag is for) and then I gotta gear up again for the way home, 'course then I can take a longer route back...Hmmmm, maybe the Wing gets a day off now that I think of it.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts