RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Screw that... The closest I will get to Cannery Row and the stupid cops down there is maybe the Baja Cantina mid-valley.

Usually we just entertain in the Carmel Valley Village and avoid 80% of the traffic and congestion.

We are easy to spot though as there aren't too many RD400's paired up with a VTR250 :D

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Last time I parked my bike on Cannery Row on the Saturday Afternoon, my bike got the crap scratched out of it by some douche walking between bikes with something sharp hanging off his pants. That wasn't as bad as the 10 or so bikes that went over like an accordian parked next to each other. I'm going to try and go this year, I've missed the past couple.

This was my favorite.....:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Last time I parked my bike on Cannery Row on the Saturday Afternoon, my bike got the crap scratched out of it by some douche walking between bikes with something sharp hanging off his pants. That wasn't as bad as the 10 or so bikes that went over like an accordian parked next to each other. I'm going to try and go this year, I've missed the past couple.

wow so its been a while since you've been out there lol im guessing 1985 from the look of the pic:D

·
Registered
8,663 Posts

Who's the brown-noser rushing over to help the cop pick up the pick?
btw, that cop isn't out one penny. Us taxpayers foot the bill for repairing that bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If I end up going on Saturday I'll be staying with a friend that's a 10 minute walk from cannery row - you won't find my bike in that madness, either. Whenever I go I won't be on my RC - it's a track-only bike.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Everyone shoud attend this at least once. This used to be an annual event for our group dating back to the mid-80's,and unfortunately I haven't been back since the '05 GP. Lost my patience with crowds, and the ridiculous money the hotels are charging. I do miss the ride up and back, that was always a hoot. For those that go - enjoy, and ride safe. I'll look for you guys as I'm watching the GP coverage online and on the couch....

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Everyone shoud attend this at least once. This used to be an annual event for our group dating back to the mid-80's,and unfortunately I haven't been back since the '05 GP. Lost my patience with crowds, and the ridiculous money the hotels are charging. I do miss the ride up and back, that was always a hoot. For those that go - enjoy, and ride safe. I'll look for you guys as I watching the GP coverage online and on the couch....
Just like you other people got fed up too and fewer and fewer attendees have been making the event plus you spend 4 days here and you basically only see one race MotoGP as they do not bring the Moto2 or Moto3 classes here and watching AMA or electric bikes as support classes is almost as interesting as seeing the paddock vendors trying to sell you a helmet mohawk or a toy motorcycle for $25

MotoGP practice is boring as hell as the bikes don't slide, they don't wheelie they don't do anything other than make so much noise that you cannot even talk to the person standing right next to you as they go by so yea the appeal of the MotoGP race at Laguna has definitely fallen off in the last few years.

I'm kinda hoping the World Superbike race will breathe new life into the track and the area as a whole plus I always loved seeing our AMA guys get to go up against the WSBK guys as wildcard rides.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Screw that... The closest I will get to Cannery Row and the stupid cops down there is maybe the Baja Cantina mid-valley.

Usually we just entertain in the Carmel Valley Village and avoid 80% of the traffic and congestion.

We are easy to spot though as there aren't too many RD400's paired up with a VTR250 :D

Dewd you NEED these gloves :D
http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r98497908

Attachments

·
Registered
728 Posts
i plan to go, ive gone up with my Repsol 1000RR 09, my 97 CBR1100XX and not a single incident. I stay on base though at the Naval Post Graduate school, its between cannery row and the race track. This year maybe the RC will be ready but doubtful... next year the goal is IOM, Texas, Monterey, and Indy all in the same year!

·
Administrator
1,242 Posts
Spent the week along the Central Coast...Cayucos, Morro Bay, Pismo....went to Cambria today and saw the bikes starting to head that way. Wish I could make it, but my work schedule had other plans:(, heading home tomorrow......you guys be careful and WATCH THE COPS, just take my word for it....;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts