RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year i'll be at Ben Spies side..anyone with me...

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am no Yamaha guy but I am with Ben.... and how bout that broadcast in HD was a good race too, I was pooling for Nicky to that 3th place but that RCV was coming out fast from that last corner....cant wait for that next race:D....BTW where do you guys thinks Ben is going to get that first race win this year? me I think Laguna

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great Action!!!

I just love the action and seeing the Americans race near the front. I was crushed to see Nicky loose 3rd by inches. It is great to see Nicky so competitive again. Ben is going to be at the top soon too, and Collin wasn't too shaby either.

The end of year is going to be the most interesting though. Lots of contracts up and the moves are going to be interesting.

Anybets on where Rossi is going??? My bet is he will be on a Duc in 2011!:D

Hoovy

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Laguna or Indy will be Bens best shot. Im surprised they didnt find anything wrong in tech inspection on that Honda. It was destroying the Duc on the straight!! It easily had 10-15mph on Nicky. Maybe he couldnt get good exit speed out of that last corner?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tires going off I think....

I like watching the americans - Edwards mostly but Speis will be fun as long as "doesn't believe the hype" ala Toseland....

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Even before the season started I had read where Honda was one of the fastest bikes in the field.
After last season, Honda had an about face. Went with Ohlins for suspension instead of Showa (who they own) and hired several Europeans (Italians I believe) to work on engine development and management.
It apparently is showing. I was surprised how much the Honda could pull the Ducati on the straights.
I wonder if the change in firing order on the Ducati is the result?
I had read where, for Nicki, Ducati was going away from the screamer firing order in favor of the twin-pulse firing order used on the 990 engine for better traction off corners. Stoner may still be running the screamer engine.
Also I was surprised to see how much of a lead Rossi was able to pull over the Honda and Ducati.
A 5th place for the first race isn't bad for Ben. I only wish Colin was up there also.
Should be an interesting season for sure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes it was good race and for sure is going to be a nice season..... if Ben doesn`t get that win at Laguna it may be at Philip Island close to the end of the season when he is more use to the tires and defently more comfy in that bike but hes going to be at the front more often than peaple think

·
Registered
161 Posts
Since no one else seems to like the most "talent"? I'll take Stoner even though he has made two real big errors lately. The throwdown on the warmup lap, and front end loss in the last race.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Since no one else seems to like the most "talent"? I'll take Stoner even though he has made two real big errors lately. The throwdown on the warmup lap, and front end loss in the last race.
I have always had that issue. Hating the best and rooting for the underdog. Dont get me wrong i have much repect for the likes of rossi and stoner but i still have to root against them! Any day that the aliens get beat by a non is a good day. Diehard STEELERS fan but hate the PATS and COLTS etc. When Biaggi and Rossi had there epic battles on the 2 strokes, and Biaggi started crashing in the lead alot i became more of a fan of his then ever.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
My $.02:

Rossi really is the GOAT. While others are ready to exit racing at his age he still going strong...and winning. He's demonstrated that brand doesn't matter in his case. It would be nice to see him exit his two wheel career on a Ducati. (See my ID to understand why I feel this way) It'll be very interesting to see what'll happen next season since he's already stated publicly that Yamaha has to decide between him and Lorenzo for '11. The guy's got some huge stones, but his results make it hard to argue with him. 2011 his last season on two wheels? Maybe.

Nicky has yet to shine since '06. Sadly, HRC's "stepchild." As much as my blood runs Honda Red, they really f'd up by letting him go (not to mention the V.R. debacle). Honda, What were you thinking?!!! We just saw what he's capable of when it "clicks." The Desmo is a wild animal of a bike. Casey is the only rider to regularly win on one in recent memory. The list of those who have tried to ride the RED DEVIL and failed is as long as my arm. Good on ya, Nicky.

Casey. My favorite "alien." Tamed the RED DEVIL. LOVE all his battles with Valentino. FAST, FAST, FAST.

Ben Spies. The Real Deal. Motogp's future. Slow talking. A world-class competitor who's in control of his ego. NOT self-absorbed. Has a real grasp of the world he now finds himself in. As much as I'd love him with Big Red (you really do meet the nicest people on a Honda) Yamaha would be insane to let him go. Suzuki's still flogging themselves. Rightfully so.

Colin Edwards. By his own admission he's one step behind the "Four Aliens." I wish him the best, as always, but I'm not really expecting more than a good top 10 finish. Unlike last year it'll be harder to achieve top 5 now that Dovi and Nicky are hitting their stride and Spies is in the mix with the Four Aliens leading the pack. Good Luck, Colin.

Dani. Fast. Inconsistant. Probably his last year with Big Red. He didn't live up to the reason HRC hired him in the first place...To beat Rossi.

Lorenzo. The only guy who has continually been a thorn in Rossi's side. The smart money says he's not going to be with Blue next year. They'll stick with Rossi and move Spies up to replace Lorenzo in the factory team.

As much as I'm already enjoying the '10 season so far I'm chompin' at the bit for August to get here so that we can see the "musical bikes" game in action, especially since the main players' contracts will be up at the end of this year...IMO

1 - 13 of 13 Posts