RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ben Spies is joining Tech 3 Yamaha next year 2010....let see him kick Rossi ass.....Spies vs Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Pedrosa vs Stoner

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Ben Spies is joining Tech 3 Yamaha next year 2010....let see him kick Rossi ass.....Spies vs Rossi vs Lorenzo vs Pedrosa vs Stoner
You might mean, let Spies TRY to kick Rossi's ass.
Rossi is a tough competitor. Many have tried, and many have fallen in the attempt.
The boy's got talent.

Stoner is rumored to have chronic fatigue syndrome, and you don't get over that quickly. He's been out three races, so it's up to Hayden to try and tame the Ducati and get some points.
He may have succeeded if he hadn't got knocked off the track a while back.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the confident that Spies will be top 5 in the Championship...The way he ride very aggresive & consistant....like Haga rode R7 back in old days...I'm also Rossi Fan but its time for a change..(Like Obama said)...Let the elbow Spies do the riding...& hopefully HRC guys buy him over...

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At last, Rossi has been beaten.............

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, today will be last MOTOGP for this year...but today im out for the 250cc Championship..Hope Hiroshi Ayoma WIn the Championship for Honda....

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Well Aoyama got the 250 title despite almost giving it away when he went off-track.

I have no idea what happened to Stoner on the warm up lap.
Would be interesting to hear what caused him to high-side.
Good showing and results for Edwards, Hayden, and Spies.

Now for us in in the States, it's a long boring winter until next year.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As for Stone,r either the electronic or the strong wind that brought him down...

Here in Singapore, as per normal....hot & wet.....so no prob for goin down the track.....

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
Well weather-wise, it's just getting to the point where it's nice to ride here in FL.

It's just that bike racing season is over until next year, and about the only thing we'll inundated with will be NASCAR. And I've never been a fan of that.

SpeedTV, when it was previously called SpeedVision, used the winter to show Australian Super Touring Cars, British Touring Cars, Pakis-Dakar, etc.
Now it's just frickin' NASCAR.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AMA & SUpermoto..Season over ?....My 1st supermoto magazines was ordered from states...they have better coverage then in UK...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hayden has bad luck, but if a person keeps having bad luck? As far as Spies, going from SBK to motogp is kind of like going from IRL to F1. Big fan of elbowman, but my money is on Lorenzo. Have 04 Nicky Hayden and love it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hayden-Got tobe careful in first and seond corners. Spies-Like going from IRL to F1. Good luck elbowman, rooting for you. My money on Rossi maybe Lorenzo. I own RC Nicky Hayden so he is always my guy.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Spies is alot like Rossi in that he is able to get in your head and beat you mentally, look at how he won WSB on a new bike, on tracks he have never been on and came from behind and won his first year. I am looking forward to GP next year, think it is going to be some of the best racing and Rossi is going to have alot of compition.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone ever timed F1 vs SBK vs motogp on the same track? I'd be curious. I tried at Qatar, and motogp was faster than SBK. Why? Lighter? Better riders?

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
While reading January edition of RoadRacerX today, they compared Spies' quickest times for qualifying and during race. Then compared those times with Lorenzo's qualifying/race times.
The difference was about 1 second.
They noted the main differences were WSBK had more low-end torque while the 800 MotoGP bikes had more mid-range and top end plus higher rev range.
They were making this comparison due to possible allowance of street based 1000cc engines in MotoGP.
Since HP is a calculation based on torque and RPM, the higher the rev range, the more HP is calculated. Thus an 800 revving to 20K RPM can make more HP than a 1000 revving to 14K RPM.
It's the finer details that can make the difference between the two.

·
Super Moderator
6,485 Posts
WSBK bikes (1000cc) average about 200-210 HP with a peak of maybe 14K RPM.
And a weight limit of 162 Kg for 4-cylinder engines and 132 Kg for twins.

MotoGP bikes (800cc) average around 220 HP with a peak of 20K RPM.
And a weight limit of 148 Kg for 4 cylinder engines.

The 990cc MotoGP bike were real brutes. Averaging 240 to 260 HP.

Now F1 uses a 2400cc V-8 that averages 800-900 HP at 18K RPM (the engine can rev to 20K RPM but is restricted by rules).
The combined car and driver weight is 600 Kg.
However the advantage is ground effects which can add over 3000 lbs of downforce.

The previous 3 liter V-10's averaged around 900 to 990 HP at 18,250 RPM with the same weight limit.

The old turbo cars used a 1.5 liter engine that made around 750-800 HP in race trim, and up to 1500 HP in qualifying trim.

There is no way any MotoGP bike can beat an F1 car on a race course, as much as I'd like to hope there is.
An F1 car goes around corners at 4.5G's, brakes at 5G's, and accelerates at 3.5G's.
Plus an F1 car has about the same HP/Kg as a MotoGP bike.
But the main advantage is mechanical grip due to ground effects that bikes don't have.
As for top speed, the drag caused by aero aids slows the cars down.
A few years ago, they took an F1 car to Bonneville and removed the wings.
The lack of drag (no corners to worry about) allowed the car to travel to 252 MPH.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Probably makes a difference on which track? Watkins Glen vs maybe a high speed track like Siverstone? Still with all that rubber on the road the F1 wins out on brakeing and cornering. Would love to see Rossi vs Vettel at the Glen.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Motogp will be back on the 1000cc in 2012

·
Registered
2 Posts
ben speis

everyone has a good point about spies but look what happen to larenzo his first yr. started out like a rocket then got hurt and hurt youget it.as far as HRC ha what a joke so he to can be danny's test boy right stoner good yes but the yr.before he an ducati hook up he was on a honda but it's fuuny no knows you fi you don't win hmmm repsol spain danny spain you call it with that being said we need another american champ the days of of rainey,larson,kelvin,spencer,kocinski is long going.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts