RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Rossi was never particularly good at qualifying, just average. His speciality is working his way up the field in the race. Might be difficult to get a podium this time though. The Hondas are significantly faster on this circuit for some reason, possibly through better ability to put the power down / traction.
Marquez is interesting though. Will be amazing to see if he wins on his second Moto GP race. Honda certainly made the right decisions taking him on.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
SPEED coverage sucks..20 minutes of that DAM!! nascar CRAP..
Truly nascar is prove of the wastefulness of US americans. WHY would you waste the fuel to run 200 miles of a race that is restricted in every way. to prove that you can make left turns. Yeah so what of Watkins Glen, or Sear Point..
Sorry for the bitch session.
15 hours in surgeries yesterday, (positive was) The glory of knowing -I would have a beer and watch qualifying...

Honda has still got the EDGE... WooHoo!!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
That new track sure looks like something special.
WIDE! That track is huge! Lots of paved run off areas.
I like it!.

Yes Speed sucks. I recorded the qualifying and was ticked to see NASCAR crap on my recording.
I'm not very happy with charter cable right now either. They wont offer speed 2.
I miss alot of racing because it doesn't air threw charter TV. If it does it will b 9mo old and chopped all up.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Use the link I posted. I don't miss a race (when I remember its on :D)

That really applies to any sport. This is just like having the NFL ticket for nothing!!:D

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
WELL, Speed made an effort to redeem themselves.:p..

YET, the annoucers have lost reality.:mad:.. Marc Marques as good as Cassey Stoner.:rolleyes:. REALLY??:D the guy is stupid correct? :rolleyes:
And the kid won 1 race,:eek: WHO thinks Pedrosa,Lorenzo,Rossi are just going to ride around the rest of the tracks-this season??:D
Ha Ha:D

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My hope is Marquez keeps setting up The Mad Midget with 5 laps to go and just kicks his ass......then the whining starts like he did with Hayden. Let's face it, the midget has been underperforming on one of the best rides in MotoGP. He wins but has not won a world championship since 2005.:rolleyes:

I do hope it his last year on a lead bike....;)

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
My hope is Marquez keeps setting up The Mad Midget with 5 laps to go and just kicks his ass......then the whining starts like he did with Hayden. Let's face it, the midget has been underperforming on one of the best rides in MotoGP. He wins but has not won a world championship since 2005.:rolleyes:

COMPLACENCY..... Agreed, (IMHO) Japs keep Midget, because HE is shorter -than-THEY ARE.:D

·
Registered
8,663 Posts

Didn't Dani get pretty vocal about Simoncelli too? Like, 'he takes up the line and he's so big you can't pass him', or something like that.

Get rid of Dani, and give that bike to Cal!
I'm really rooting for Crutchlow, he's on fire right now. And I just like him as a personality. I sure wish he had a factory team bike instead of the satellite bike.

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Dani seems to have already resigned himself to not winning. Sure he'll be very dissapointed his rookie team-mate is proving to be a star from the off. Beautiful riding style from Marquez. So committed yet relaxed, like the tarmac is his home. I reckon he's got a great chance of winning this year.

Should be noted a lot of riders had problems with grip on this circuit. It's length of straights also gave the Honda a lot of advantage. I think the balance may be redressed in the next round, but I wouldn't mind seeing Marquez win again... :D

As for filming in Texas on the MotoGP website. Man - WHO was in charge of the cameramen? There were other fights going on and we barely got to see them? If I were a sponsor, I'd have been pretty annoyed at the almost complete lack of footage except for the 1st 3 riders (Who weren't really doing anything exciting except leading the rest of the riders).
The guy in charge must do it missionary style with his wife only every 3rd thursday at 9pm sharp. It could be so much more exciting!

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ha, you go Stig😂

Midget boy is not resigned, he got played by Marquez. He kept charging the Midget in the straights and somewhat backing off in the tight turn section saving his tires....then proceeded to own the Midget with about 5 to go, classic.

The camera work was one of the worst I have ever seen. 😕

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
I dunno... In the interviews before or after Dani doesn't seem that optimistic. If he loses that belief in himself, then he's already lost before the race begins. Marquez though - sheesh, what tallent & style...
They wanted his dad to go up to the podium too. Maybe to hold his hand, he's only a young 'un. We were wondering if he's legal to drink the champagne...

Maybe he's like Clinton and didn't inhale / swallow? :D

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
Admin or a mod might want to put "Spoiler" in the title of the thread. I know it is probably obvious that if you haven't watched the race yet, don't click on anything motogp related, but it would still be nice.

That said, I just watched it last night. The first 10 or so laps were entertaining, but the rest were rather boring and I kept falling asleep (damn vicodin).

Marquez has some skill, that's for sure. The guys (on the BBC feed) were also comparing Marquez to Stoner. It's only a natural comparison since he replaced him on the team. They were joking that Pedrosa was probably thinking that this was going to be his good year and he would be the top Honda rider now that Stoner is gone. Easy to think, especially after he won five of the last seven races in 2012. But no, here comes this kid to ruin it for him.

The coverage of Qatar by speed/eurosport was their normal complete and utter bull shit, so I watched the BBC coverage of Austin and was much happier. After hearing the BBC guys talk about the Qatar race, I feel like I missed a lot of it by watching speed, so I'll probably go back and watch the BBC feed on that one too.

Does anyone know what camera feed & announcers the motogp website features? I don't mind paying, but it almost feels like they are trying to keep the televised coverage in the states sub-par in order to get us to buy the subscriptions. When I get my new place, I'm definitely going to look into getting the BBC Sport channel.

Nevermind, looks like they use the same announcers as the eurosport/speed tv feed. I can barely understand those two, and they are constantly making mistakes. The camera angles also seem to always suck. On top of all that, speed throws in about 8 commercial breaks into the 45? minute race. The BBC guys have their shit together and make the other feed look like a bunch of high-school students playing with cameras and microphones in A/V class.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts