RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check this quote from progressive

{Your Progressive quote has been saved

Thank you for quoting with Progressive. Your quote number is 640320026.

Pay in full today and your rate is $1,811.00. That's up to $201.00 in savings over our payment plans!
>
Buy your policy now.

> View your coverages and payment plans.

Want to talk to us?
Call 1-888-438-0867 anytime, 7 days a week

Your 12-month premium:
[]
Pay in full - $1,811.00
(includes pay-in-full discount)
[]
Or start a policy today for $301.80
[]

[] Your Coverages

Drivers: [] John XXXXX

[] Policy Coverages

Bodily Injury & Property Damage: [] $100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage

Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury: [] $100,000 person/$300,000 accident

Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: [] $100,000 person/$300,000 accident

Medical Payments: [] No coverage

Transport Trailer: [] No coverage

Vehicle Coverages for 2004 HONDA RVT1000R

Physical Damage Options: [] Actual Cash Value

Comprehensive: [] $500 deductible

Collision: [] $500 deductible

Roadside Assistance: [] Selected

Accessory coverage: [] $3,000 (Included)}

I Talk to a representitive and asked why was the quote so high and she said it was all the claims they've had with sportbikes. Cruisers weren't a problem according to her and are a lot cheaper to insure.

All I know is my new quote with GEICO was $54 more than last year and I thought that was high. New amount $699 for the same coverage as above.

Anybody know of an insurance company worth a rat's ass?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Collision insurance has always been way too costly. I only carry liability on all my bikes, that way, with the money I save on insurance, I can afford to always have 2 or 3 bikes in the garage. Insurance is a game and the odds always favor the house. If you do not finance your bike, and can afford to repair it yourself, don't get collision.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your right I screwed up and didn't realize I included collision on the progessive quote. But Progressive was higher by couple of hundred without collision and a lower level of coverage with the first online quote. (before I started to change the amounts to match my current policy.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
i use geico and it is 60 bucks a month for my 02 rc and my wifes 01 superhawk. but it is just liability and uninsured motor. i am 26. thought it is a good deal huh?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm paying $225 for liability every 6 months for a 2004 RC51 and a 2006 Triumph Sprint through Allstate. North Carolina controls the pricing of liability insurance sold in the state. That policy is for 100/300/50 coverage and mandatory uninsured which is $83 of the cost. I gave up getting quotes for collision, they were just astronomical!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only thing I can think of is the location of the bike where it is insured, which seems to have a lot to do with the price we all are paying, if all other things are equal.
In truth I haven't a clue, it's all black science to me and darkness has something to do with it. :eek:

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I pay $683 per year full-coverage on my RC51 with State Farm.
Location, age, crime statistics, and demographics play a major role in rates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts