RC51 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was working on some prototype mids stuff yesterday and i saw a old frame slider on the floor(i use it to throw when i am pissed:D). i held it up to where the muffler hanger mounts to the hanger and it was almost perfect in length and size. I got to thinking it might not be a bad idea for a track bike and the GP cans and it might save a muffler or two for cheap. 1 8mm hole down the center of some 1.75" OD delrin x like 2.5" long and a easy insurance for cheap.

what are you thoughts on such a idea and would you be into having one or two for track days?

i can do a run of say 10-20 and i bet they will be affordable so please offer some feedback

Thanks for yor time

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
johnyisthedevil is this you by chance John?
That is what my ex-wife calls me! :D
I am asking for feedback on the idea b4 i have them made. It is nice to get, and share ideas.

so what are your thoughts on the idea jonny
I think there is not enough to hold things in place to reduce damage, and if the bike catches (track or dirt) it is just one more thing to flip or spin the bike, kind of like what happens with traditional sliders now.

Are you going to test these on your track/race bike?

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what my ex-wife calls me! :D

I think there is not enough to hold things in place to reduce damage, and if the bike catches (track or dirt) it is just one more thing to flip or spin the bike, kind of like what happens with traditional sliders now.

Are you going to test these on your track/race bike?
why would i be testing 2" block of delrin? open a dennis kirk book and look at the thousands of bar sliders, swinarm sliders levers etc you think they spend millions crashing them:D

There will be the one bolt (8mm) going through the slider through the muffler hanger through the hanger. i am not sure it will save the bike but it MIGHT offer a buffer for the muffler as without it the muffler is almost 100% gone and a $5-$10 slider for insurance might be worth the cost of the $300+ muffler i don't know that is why i am asking

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
A buddy of mine made up some from Delrin or HDPE that mount in place of the bolts on the passenger pegs.
Have no idea of their effectiveness since he hasn't proof tested them lately.
Also seen the sliders that fit around the exhaust can. Another buddy with a Aprilia Tuono has a set of those.

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A buddy of mine made up some from Delrin or HDPE that mount in place of the bolts on the passenger pegs.
Have no idea of their effectiveness since he hasn't proof tested them lately.
Also seen the sliders that fit around the exhaust can. Another buddy with a Aprilia Tuono has a set of those.
interesting, thanks.

i had one hand mounted on a GP can of mine and the 2.5" long x 1.75" diam looked like it was just long enough to get poast the can. I don't think the lager cans it will work unless i make them like 5" long:eek: but for the GP cans it might be a cheap try and i can't see it hurting anything as it sill slide instead of your muffler:D

It won't look so hot on the eyes when not tracking it but for the track was my thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Was looking at a rider's Aprilia RSV4 Factory and those factory sliders are so sweet.
The way they integrate into the bodywork and the airfoil shape to cut wind resistance is just good thoughtful design.

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting, you should post them on SpeedZilla, there is alot more people I think there.
why would i post it there?

nobody is interested in the 51 there anymore and the forum is just post after post of hate fed drivel and childish banter. i am into motorcyles and go where the real bikers are. i have been on speedzilla for 1o years and it is not what it used to be or you would be there:D

thanks for your feedack, gooday

·
Registered
21 Posts
why would i post it there?

nobody is interested in the 51 there anymore and the forum is just post after post of hate fed drivel and childish banter. i am into motorcyles and go where the real bikers are. i have been on speedzilla for 1o years and it is not what it used to be or you would be there:D

thanks for your feedack, gooday
I am new to SpeedZdilla and this place obviously, but I see you just posted a CBR exhaust there and this RC51 low mount:
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/62153-f-s-sp2-low-mount-gp-slip-ons.html

So I am confused, you post exhaust there, but nobody is interested in the forum, just hate filled drivel?

What gives? You want to post one thing for sale there but not these? You are not making since!

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am new to SpeedZdilla and this place obviously, but I see you just posted a CBR exhaust there and this RC51 low mount:
http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/62153-f-s-sp2-low-mount-gp-slip-ons.html

So I am confused, you post exhaust there, but nobody is interested in the forum, just hate filled drivel?

What gives? You want to post one thing for sale there but not these? You are not making since!
i post certain things in certain places;)

thanks for your time and feedback i am here if you have any questions

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think it is a great idea!
My track day at Grattan,MI on July 31-Aug 1, there was a guy that had this type of slider on his exhaust when he went down.(on a R6) And his exhaust was completely fine, walked up to him afterwards and seen it for myself. Made me wanna have a couple myself! So great idea, not sure about those rubber covers on other types, or over seas stuff. Gonna try out frame slider idea. Hate the player, Not the game!:)

·
Banned
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think it is a great idea!
My track day at Grattan,MI on July 31-Aug 1, there was a guy that had this type of slider on his exhaust when he went down.(on a R6) And his exhaust was completely fine, walked up to him afterwards and seen it for myself. Made me wanna have a couple myself! So great idea, not sure about those rubber covers on other types, or over seas stuff. Gonna try out frame slider idea. Hate the player, Not the game!:)
if you would like a custom one PM me with your specs and i will try to get you a proto to play with and hopefully never use:D

thanks for the info too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts