RC51 Forums banner

341 - 360 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Show how little attention to detail shops pay-bolt is clkearly not the correct type-easy to see that by looking at the hot side....just because the bolt is tight doen't mean it is in correctly...could be bound up against something else w/o bottoming out..tsk tsk....when a medical person has to redo what a mechanic does makes you wonder.....Maybe I am just too detail oriented...LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Was the connection loose though?

I do all my work myself for your reasons. But maybe you don't have the time so I understand.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yup, I can make more money working and paying someone else to do it than getting my hands dirty and taking time off to do it.

BUT, even though I am thrilled to have a running engine after 3 years and 3 major engine mishaps by supposed GURU's of the RC, I still find myself wanting to do things the way I want them done....:hard to find good help these days":)))))

I'm taking time off just because my bike came back and I am just now looking to going back to work now that my bike is 100%. I just wanted to go over the bike once I had it in my hands after 3 years so that I can store it away in the garage and know that it needs no further work .

·
Registered
248 Posts
OR cars either...still have a build going on almost 7 years now-on my 3rd engine..of course "there is no guarantee on Hi performance parts"!

Bike pulls new 40T rear sprocket with ease...at stoplights, parking lots, freeway....could probably go to a 39 if so desired.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
I'm taking time off just because my bike came back and I am just now looking to going back to work now that my bike is 100%. I just wanted to go over the bike once I had it in my hands after 3 years so that I can store it away in the garage and know that it needs no further work .
:nerd: i can understand why though after what you've been through

·
Registered
248 Posts
My other stand that I use just when I am riding the bike and not working on it. Allows the bike to be rolled easily up against a wall thereby opening up room for other vehicles to fit in the garage,

Amazon product...had to be modified to allow kickstand to be easily lowered while holding bike stable. I bolts also installed to keep it strapped down.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Bike runs hot with thermostat back in so I decided instead of replacing the std thermostat body with th thermostat delete by Moriwaki, I just removed the thermostat itself...lots easier to reinstall it than the the delte kit hands down. I don't mind blocking the rd to get the temp right either...will try when the rain goes away.

Finally go 20 gals. of U 4.4......3 hr round trip drive in the rain.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
It doesn't make sense that it would run hot with a thermostat. You have an enormous cooling capacity there, and the stat will spend its time open for the most part.

Mine with front mounts would sit right at the stat setting. I could watch it open and close on the dash.

·
Registered
248 Posts
it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, it runs hot with the stat in...w/o the stat with the moriwaki delete the thing would only run 120f on the freeway and 150 in town that's why I decided to remove it as it's a PITA to reinstall the delete kit...I'll just block the radiator which is so much easier and adjustable....

it doesn't matter to me that YOUR bike runs at 177...your bike isn't my bike...that's the bike I care about. Mine has front mounts as well.

Did you ever think that even full open the body of the T stat is an obstruction to flow??????

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Sure. But to have a temp swing that dramatic from a thermostat? No way

Bikes with 50% higher output than yours with less cooling capacity than yours run perfectly fine with a thermostat. It doesn't seem possible that one little stat is the difference between over heating and running too cold.

Have you tried a new thermostat? The only reason I ask is that running without one is a pain in the ass. And it would suck to damage your engine because it's too cold

·
Registered
729 Posts
I am inclined to agree with mr Wibbly, my own experience is that it will run too cool without a 'stat

It should only affect warm up period having the stat fitted its limiting effect on full flow once opened is marginal

Don't forget with the stock ECU it makes block changes that are temperature dependent so if it is running below stock temps it will likely be running a richer map

·
Registered
248 Posts
yep but I'd rather have it too cool than 245...I can block the radiators airflow much easier than I can ice the block/heads. MUCH easier to warm it up than cool it down. This is just in city traffic where I am currently unfortunately. Once I get back out west in the mountains, shouldn't be an issue. Gotta get out of the city!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got the U 4.4 fuel out os speed of sound Tupelo MS...quick ordering/arrival. Nice guys.. Bike runs sooo much crisper with fuel!

Ne catch cans being refabbed again..smaller, easier to fit under plastics.

341 - 360 of 388 Posts