RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my first one piece race suit, it's an Alpinestars Motegi size 54EU. This being my first one piece I was wondering if it will loosen up a bit and if so how long does it usually take?
The suit seems to fit good (and tight) except I'm a fairly tall guy (6' 2") so it is really tight in the crotch. I've only tried it on and walked around the house a bit, it is tight and I know that it is suppose to be but I'm wondering how long it will take to loosen up a bit or should I go up a size.
Also, how hard is it to get one of these things off by yourself? After trying mine on I didn't think I was going to be able to get it off at first, I thought I was going to have to call someone to come over and help me :eek: lol. I was wearing my Moto D racing undersuit which helped getting it on and off, I don't think I would have been able to get out of it by myself without the undersuit on.
I just don't want to cut the tags off and go for a ride before I know if it's going to loosen up or not.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
291 Posts
It will definitely loosen up. I'm 6"2' 200 lbs and wear a 44/54 in alpinestars and spidi. How does it feel in the riding position on the bike?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will definitely loosen up. I'm 6"2' 200 lbs and wear a 44/54 in alpinestars and spidi. How does it feel in the riding position on the bike?
Thanks for the reply, sounds like we're about the same size. I just tried on the suit again and went out and got on my bike. With the bike on rear stand I sat on on it and moved around a little. The suit definitely seems to restrict my movement on the bike. I think I'm probably move up to a 56EU, I've got a long torso so I think that's what is restricting me, if the suit was a little longer in the torso it would probably work.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would say i have a normal/short torso. My rc1 suit took a couple track days to loosen up well. The motegi is their entry level suit, so it will be alittle stiffer then like the higher end suits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts