RC51 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody!

I just got my first RC51 last week. I bought it from a guy in Ohio for $3300. It has 21,000 miles, a fender eliminator kit, and HMF pipes. He dropped it on the right side and the plastics have a few scratches that I'm getting ready to sand and fill.

I just changed the plugs, oil, and filters last night. That stuff is EXPENSIVE compared to maintenance on my XR650L! I also took all of the plastics and tank off and gave them a good cleaning on both sides.

I LOVE the sound of the bike. Its wicked! Is there anything I should know about this particular year? Thanks for your help guys!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Congrats!....ya, you should know who near you has parts for it....lol. JK it will be a great bike.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats on your V twin & welcome to the Forum dude

·
Registered
27 Posts
great purchase, ive got the same year, lemme know if you need spares of anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey, thanks everybody! the bike is pretty fun to ride around. Its a WHOLE lot different than dirtbikes and motards like i'm used to, but i'll get more comfortable with it with some time. its not like i'm afraid of it or anything, its just a whole different feel when you are basically lying on top of the bike instead of sitting upright on it.

I think i found another RC51 about 5 or 6 miles up the road from me. it has been sitting outside this guy's garage forever and i've never seen it move. I can only see it from the highway, but maybe i'll check in on it to see what the deal is on it :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
@This Guy - HAHAHa! Pretty funny!
Sranang - congrats on getting the SP-1. I've got an SP1 myself. JUST got it not too long ago and it's my first Twin although I've been riding FOREVER. I picked it up with 15k miles on it, brand new rubber, Jardine Slip On, and a Power CommanderIII. Got it for $4,000. Not sure if that was a good deal or not seeing as though it was a 2000 bike, but I love the sound on this bike. In the twisty bits I'm smoking guys on much bigger, newer bikes, but no matter how short the straight .. they come by fast enough to rip the stickers n paint off my bike! I'm ok with that though! The bikes got tons of character, and enough steam that as long as the roads are curvy, it'll hang with just about anything else out there, new or old.

I've been reading many of the posts from these guys and most have a lot to say about the bike. I've learned a lot from reading up at this site. The most popular thing I've gotten from the forum as far as things to know/improve on the bike would be to get a PCIII, Flapper Valve disconnect, PAIR system removal, and Soft-Rev limiter elimination. I'm sure the guys with more seat time on the bike than myself will correcdt me if I'm wrong, but that seemed to be the main mods to the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts