RC51 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've owned my '05 SP2 for about 4 months. The tach display has always jumped forward when running. So if I hold 4000rpm, the tach will jump forwards, then back to 4k, its all over the place, by 500 - 1000rpm. It never goes backwards. I've check and greased the connectors involved in this circuit. Didn't make any difference, I just assumed the tach display was dodgy. But today while riding I used the horn, and the tach display shot forward into the RED zone. So every time I activate the horn the tach display will shoot forward until I release the horn. I will not do it if the engine is not running.
I'm thinking the signal from the ECM is getting interference by a dodgy wire or connector?

The bike has been down on it's side (left hand) at some stage, and is running a PC3. It is still the same the the PC disconnected

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Grant

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so I disconnected the horn, when running and pushing horn, no increasing of the tach, although still jumping around...
:confused::confused:

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Mine jumps just a bit too, always has.....not a big deal unless its ramping up and then coming back down.(sounds like its accelerating)

Mine does this when she is cold mostly. Once warm, its smooth as silk.:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts