RC51 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up my first RC51 after having been on an R6 for the past two years and i can't get over the difference between the two - i love it!

here's some pics:

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
sick bike bro

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone, i'm really happy with the bike so far.

Nice ride, looks very clean.

what tire hugger are you using?
i have no idea, just assumed it was stock. i'm trying to get in contact with the original owner to get a full list of mods he made. the guy i bought it off was the second owner and he didn't change very much.

the bike came with:

scotts steering damper
power commander
woodcraft clip-ons
db screen
sato banzai pipes
steel braided brake lines - yet to be put on
new battery
competition werkes fender eliminator
aluminum sliders and extended bar ends
apparantly some aftermarket hugger

i had to put on new tires and a chain.

so far i'm into it for $5200, about $1500-$2000 less than what the bike would typically fetch up here so needless to same i'm pretty happy with the deal i got. the bikes got 20K miles on it.

say does anybody happen to know of a place that will store bikes short term, maybe 3-4 weeks, in socal?

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Nice bike there. I'm guessing an '01?
Compared to your R6, what do you like/dislike with your RC51?
It's always interesting to inquire when riders change from I-4's to twins.

·
Registered
139 Posts
nice looking machine, take care of it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
that thing aint stock mate, by a long shot, happy ridding!! i came from a I4 weekend warrior, how do you find it! wrong gears out of corners for a while is the norm, but its the ducks nuts when you get it sorted!! Torque to kill ya mother inlaw 4 !!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome aboard. Where are you from? You mention storing a bike in socal, but the pictures look like the lovely Northwest . Beautiful bike too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice bike! Anyone know the year and if that is a stock paint scheme with the white tail and number on there? Or is that an add-on along with the decals up front. TIA

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it's a 2001 and was completely repainted by the original owner. i think the paint is a honda colour but not 100% sure.

the white tail and number and all the decals are under the paint/clearcoat.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome aboard. Where are you from? You mention storing a bike in socal, but the pictures look like the lovely Northwest . Beautiful bike too!

thanks - i'm in vancouver bc. i'm going to be heading down to cali in the fall for a big road trip.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks real good for an 01, Cali is gonna be a blast enjoy! I got a question? How do you post pics of your bike on here? I'm new at this, and was wondering how you did it. For some reason mine are to big, it says!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks real good for an 01, Cali is gonna be a blast enjoy! I got a question? How do you post pics of your bike on here? I'm new at this, and was wondering how you did it. For some reason mine are to big, it says!
my pics are stored on aother website and they are hotlinked to there. they are not save on this website as an attachement. to link to an image on another website you need to use the tag. if you click on the IMG icon in the tool bar right above where you type in your post/reply, it brings up a dialog box and all you have to do is type in the url of your image.

[IMG]http://www3.telus.net/marks_stuff/hotlink.jpg

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts

Upload your photos to photobucket....copy and paste the IMG link into your post. Easy as that.:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts