RC51 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I guess cause the 51 is a similar kind of bike to the 1098 were the vtr1000 is a more relaxed ride. Nice bikes all three of them.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
I guess cause the 51 is a similar kind of bike to the 1098...
Except for maintenance intervals. That Duc requires them twice as often (every 7500 miles).
That's why Ducati is rumored to be dropping the desmo system on it's non-"R" engines in the future. Also chain drive for the cams vs belts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Except for maintenance intervals. That Duc requires them twice as often (every 7500 miles).
That's why Ducati is rumored to be dropping the desmo system on it's non-"R" engines in the future. Also chain drive for the cams vs belts.
Other than that :) Now they'll be able to add cam chain tensioner failure to the list of problems.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cr88 is correct. the hawk is super fun to ride. it is more comfy and relaxed. the 51 is very similar to the 1098 so why keep it?

also, the hawk is isn't worth much so why bother selling it?

one more thing, the hawk is lowered for my lady to ride. unfortunately that screws up the handling. so, i need to get a second hawk so i can have the choice of hawk or 1098!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've had a vtr1000f/firestorm/superhawk and I know what a great bike they are, I'd still have one if I could afford lots of bikes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ypu, my firestorm is awesome. they are the most underated bike out there. they handle well and are not intimidating. they are very fun to ride.

·
Registered
198 Posts
pics & info on RC51

I am in the market and would like some info. THANKS Hoovy

[email protected]

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
too late, it's gone.

i could get another rc51 in the future. wanted the 1098 and cannot justify three bikes, to myself or to my lady!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I wouldn't care a wit about the maintenance because I would only put 50 miles a month and never rev it above 6K. Plus my home value would rise and the garage would look much better. NICE BIKE!! and Good luck. :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
All this begs the question. Will it be sought after in 20 years, a classic, or be looked at as an old sled? I don't care. My 04 rc is in the family for good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts