RC51 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so getting it back to street legal needed a speedo . got one from flebay and it works great , one problem its not MPH its kilometers ahhhh eventhe water temp is wrong can this be changed

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i just looked this up --- 200 kilometers = 125 miles ---- for the temp 85 Celsius = 185 Fahrenheit degrees o dam if there is no way to change this im in trouble

·
Registered
351 Posts
to change between MPH and KM, hold down the select button with the ODO showing (not trip A or B), the speedo will start to flash. Push select again and your readout will change.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to change between MPH and KM, hold down the select button with the ODO showing (not trip A or B), the speedo will start to flash. Push select again and your readout will change.
i just tryed it . didnt work nothing changed , ahhhhhh :( i even started the bike up nothing changed , PS i held it for 60 seconds nothing changed ,

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The US only models had the capability of switching between MPH and KPH.
If you can't seem to switch modes, check the temperature units.
If they are in Centigrade, then you have a non-US instrument panel, which supports only KPH.
If your instrument panel shows temperature in Fahrenheit, then you have a US panel.
You can't switch temperature units on the panel.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dam its not the. US one. Ahhhh owell I will get used to it , the bike will only be used for track days and weekend runs , just sucks. Sad day

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sell it mite be hard to find someone to won't it , it is nice and everything works , I would sell it for $120 plus shipping. That's a great deal ill take the money and save for a US one

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
hi mate i live in australia and i have an sp1 that i am doing up for a show here but the speedo is in miles i need one in km .would you consider a straight swap, cheers buddha

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just the honor that your instruments will end up in Buddha's bike (have you seen it?) would be something to be proud of. I would mark my initials on the back side and have Buddha paint his in front of it.
If they ever write a book on the RC51 Buddha's will be in it, for sure.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i just sent it back to the seller for full refund , sorry im sure he will have it back up on ebay soon i got it for $50 with free shipping

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Just the honor that your instruments will end up in Buddha's bike (have you seen it?) would be something to be proud of. I would mark my initials on the back side and have Buddha paint his in front of it.
If they ever write a book on the RC51 Buddha's will be in it, for sure.
Well a moot point now I guess. But I totally agree!!!
Buddha's Bike is truly one-of-a-kind! I even started a thread to direct people to his gallery. He put a bunch of great quality pictures up. Truely an awesome bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts