RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any suggestiond on the best way to drop wieght off my SP1? I am on a pretty tight budget, but I try to do something every month or two. I just made a post for anybody looking to trade my stock rims for some CBR rims, and now I want any other ideas. I went with a 2-1 exhaust set up, that was a pretty big loss. The rearsets saved a bit, I am going to delete the highbeam assembly. I have done the pair and flapper mods and got rid of all that equipment. Are there any stock parts off other bikes that would bolt onto the SP1 to save weight? Any ideas you have would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I gutted my airbox and removed all the rubber matt, pitched the horn and bar-ends/weights, added a keyless gas cap, installed a YTZ7S battery, installed lightweight bolts where possible, made a lexan undertail with a small LED taillight, HRC rear brake reservoir, and 520 conversion with aluminum sprocket. A few other things here and there, but all of that added up to almost 18lbs for not a lot of $

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I gutted my airbox and removed all the rubber matt, pitched the horn and bar-ends/weights, added a keyless gas cap, installed a YTZ7S battery, installed lightweight bolts where possible, made a lexan undertail with a small LED taillight, HRC rear brake reservoir, and 520 conversion with aluminum sprocket. A few other things here and there, but all of that added up to almost 18lbs for not a lot of $
Chip,
How difficult was it to remove the rubber matting from the airbox? Also, where did you find the YTZ7 battery? THANKS...

·
Registered
201 Posts
520 conversion? Also, some tires are quite a bit different than others. Reduce total weight and rotational weight. My Pilot Pures are pretty light.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just lift the tank and rip the matts off. The battery is what comes in the '08+ CBR1000RR's so it's not hard to find. It's about 3 lbs lighter than the standard battery and starts mine just fine every time.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how to explain to my wife why I need a $400 battery because it's lighter. Can't come up with a senario that works:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been trying to figure out how to explain to my wife why I need a $400 battery because it's lighter. Can't come up with a senario that works:D
Prices are closer to $250 for the name brand ones, and I paid even less than that for one of the off brand ones.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts