RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time is drawing near for my departure out West. I am not sure about driving up into Washington since I haven't really seen any takers so I will just stick to places where the riding is excellent and traffic is scarce.:p

1) Mount Rushmore
2) Devil's Tower
3) Beartooth Highway

And the other roads listed here. http://www.drivethetop10.com/The-Drives/Salmon-River-Sawtooth-Scenic-Byways Thought about California but that would take away from my mountain riding.:D (Unless I get a call to meet certain people at Hwy 36:p)

I will try to post pictures daily too. Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Send me your grocery list and I'll be ready to "host" a few dinners for you. Be safe and hope to meet you soon.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Been to Mt Rushmore and the Devil's Tower, not on a bike, but it was awesome. Did you visit Mt Rushmore during the day or night? When I was there they did a presentation at night with the face lit up, played the national anthem, it was quite moving.

Looking forward to pictures.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
When is the European tour going to happen?:p;)

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
Have a fun and safe time. Be back in one piece for Motogp.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm at the Tail of the Dragon right now, but only till 'morra. You should visit this area, too, if it's not too far east. There are miles and miles of smooth pavement, tight radius, curvy mountain roads, and fellow bikers to enjoy them with. If you want quite a few friends, ride the dragon on a weekend. If you prefer fewer ride it during the week, or ride some of the many, many other excellent roads here that don't have attention grabbing names.

Yes, I got out of Floriduh ... for the weekend anyway. Not on the RC, though. The ZX needed to be broken in.

GLOYT
I have been to The Dragon countless times....I prefer Cherohala Skyway, try it you will love it!

Been to Mt Rushmore and the Devil's Tower, not on a bike, but it was awesome. Did you visit Mt Rushmore during the day or night? When I was there they did a presentation at night with the face lit up, played the national anthem, it was quite moving.

Looking forward to pictures.
I will be there during the day and staying at a relatives in Lead, SD...I leave the 28th weather pending.:cool:

When is the European tour going to happen?:p;)
I just bought a house so it may be a couple years.

Have a fun and safe time. Be back in one piece for Motogp.
Have you told your wife I love her, yet? :D

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Send me your grocery list and I'll be ready to "host" a few dinners for you. Be safe and hope to meet you soon.
What grocery list.....beef jerky, bottled water and some SPAM.....:D

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
What grocery list.....beef jerky, bottled water and some SPAM.....:D

Got it...so loosely translates to...steak, light beer, and some BBQ chicken. Gotcha covered, safe travels and see yah soon!

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it...so loosely translates to...steak, light beer, and some BBQ chicken. Gotcha covered, safe travels and see yah soon!
You mean you found a beer store in Utah....er did you have to go to Nevada.:D

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Hill AFB is just up the road ;)

·
Premium Member
934 Posts
I have been to The Dragon countless times....I prefer Cherohala Skyway, try it you will love it!

I will be there during the day and staying at a relatives in Lead, SD...I leave the 28th weather pending.:cool:

I just bought a house so it may be a couple years.

Have you told your wife I love her, yet? :D
Last time I'm letting her watch Motogp...

·
Registered
527 Posts
American Avenger.

Good Luck on your travels through the land, John.
Ride aware & stop whenever you feel the slightest bit tired, for that will affect your concentration & impact upon safety. Don't ride if you're too hot or too cold.
Stop & rest if you're distracted mentally in any manner. Don't let other drivers on the road get you upset with their antics & don't forget to look at the clouds !

Godspeed, John. Post daily from the road when you check into a motel, so that we all know that you're safe on the road. Thanks.

Take Care.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good Luck on your travels through the land, John.
Ride aware & stop whenever you feel the slightest bit tired, for that will affect your concentration & impact upon safety. Don't ride if you're too hot or too cold.
Stop & rest if you're distracted mentally in any manner. Don't let other drivers on the road get you upset with their antics & don't forget to look at the clouds !

Godspeed, John. Post daily from the road when you check into a motel, so that we all know that you're safe on the road. Thanks.

Take Care.
Due to the RCs excellent fuel mileage I have to stop every 150 miles. I will take most back roads once I am past Iowa. Pictures will be posted periodically too.

Thanks for the advice, Doc:cool: I may need a few days treatment getting a message after. :D

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fuck that! i did 175 miles today on the rc and i was ready to get the hell off!
Candy ass....:eek::D

She fits like a glove, drive like I'm on rails......no problem:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
fuck that! i did 175 miles today on the rc and i was ready to get the hell off!

You have remember...MB has extra padding for the seat :D

1 - 20 of 74 Posts