RC51 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the bike in july, it was 99% stock with black oem shape windscreen. I did few mods over last months, so i'm posting pics of then and now :

july

december

What is already done:
-MRA racing screen, undertray, Vimto decals, MR Racing adjustable clipons, Zipser Crash bungs,MiVV Titanium endcans, renthal grips, indicators..
-soft rev mod, K&N, DID 530

what i'm after:

-stahlflex , sterring damper(if someone whants to sell one please let me know ), levers

·
Registered
422 Posts
What undertray is that?...MIvv endcan from Where?...never heard before.....

Im also owning my VTR SP1...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ive always wondered why people put decals on bikes. Unless they are giving you a check why bother?
Hmmmm, you could say that about the bike itself, if you look at it like that.

If you bought the bike new in the UK, going by what you have said, you have just handed Honda £10k............. to advertise Honda :rolleyes:

I get what your saying, but I think some sponsor decals break up the stock pattern and make the bike stand out from the rest, having said that I have seen some bikes with an over load of decals that makes them look like a dogs dinner!

Each to their own, I guess

Peace!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hmmmm, you could say that about the bike itself, if you look at it like that.

If you bought the bike new in the UK, going by what you have said, you have just handed Honda £10k............. to advertise Honda :rolleyes:

I get what your saying, but I think some sponsor decals break up the stock pattern and make the bike stand out from the rest, having said that I have seen some bikes with an over load of decals that makes them look like a dogs dinner!

Each to their own, I guess

Peace!
Well if the bike comes like that from the factory like that its one thing, but to put stickers on a bike and call it a "mod" like the thread starter did is silly to me. But to each his own.. I do like to stir the pot.. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
update:)

Flapper mod done, hong-kong levers, King Carbon rear hugger, steering damper, CNC'd sprocket cover and rear caliper hanger, stainless breake lines, powder coated oem rear sets....but still can not ride it as it is snowing here and day temperatures are mostly below zero cellcius degress

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finnaly we have spring over here. The bike is fantastic thing to ride. Still have some issues with stock suspension setup, but i'm near what i'm looking for.
If you have any tips for setting forks and shocks for 96KG fella please let me now. At the moment i ride :

front preload: 1 line
front rebaund: 6 klicks back
front compresion: 15 klicks back

shock preload : 4
rebaund : 2 turns out
compresion :14 klicks out

thx.

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Where did you get the CNC rear caliper mount?
And would you know if they have one for an SP2?
And the bike looks great.
It's a good feeling when a project is completed (at least for the time being).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Where did you get the CNC rear caliper mount?
And would you know if they have one for an SP2?
And the bike looks great.
It's a good feeling when a project is completed (at least for the time being).
This hanger is an OEM part. I just cutted out inside panels and machined the overall surface a little bit to make it possible to anodize it Titanium colour. I whanted to match hanger colour with clutch cover and sprocket cover colours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts