1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
NC Bike Track day

http://nccar.us/
http://www.teampromotion.com/tracks-we-ride/ncbike/

The itch to do a track day is getting worse and worse. So, I've been looking for a track that is not overly technical just to "pop the cherry."

Has anyone ran this one? What you think?

I've watched a couple videos, the track looks really wide. NOT MY VIDEO

I'm planning on going next season, I already have to much going on right now to add track prep'n the bike.

Thanks for any insight,
James

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did 4 track days with TPM at NCBIKE last year. Fun track, you'll have a blast.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Hey, the next time you think about heading out there, let me know and I'll try to make it too.

I've done a lot of training courses based off the California Superbike School when I was in the Marines. Now that I'm out, I'm really jonesin.:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've run nc bike with TPM. In fact, I'm heading down there 9/7-8. Fun track.

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
You should. I think you can run a few slow laps at lunch just to try it out.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You should. I think you can run a few slow laps at lunch just to try it out.

You can with a leather jacket, gloves, over the ankle boots, and long pants.

Perhaps I'll see you out there next year, my RC is almost back together but I'm only running Shenny the rest of this year thanks to a terrible work schedule.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a shenny/main combo on my radar for the fall. I'll post up if I do. Yeah, ncbike has a nice flow IMO and great grip.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
51 Posts
Somebody cut me off into a corner and I lowsided. But here's some pics before that happened...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks. Yeah, my leathers split at the seam by my right knee. It's scraped pretty good, but otherwise I'm okay. Bike took some damage though... We'll see what the insurance company has to say about it. May have some top-line accessories coming on here soon...

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Wish I had seen this post sooner. NCBike is a fun track with good grip (or so everyone says). Third time up will be this weekend. Way better than any ARTD or AMOS course (all the same techniques apply, just going at a MUCH faster pace).

Juicebox-I think I was up there the same weekend as you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cool. Yeah, the RC got totaled. I'm at nc bike on my new 03 R6. Running red group. Come by, I'm one of the first setups from the building!

Wish I had seen this post sooner. NCBike is a fun track with good grip (or so everyone says). Third time up will be this weekend. Way better than any ARTD or AMOS course (all the same techniques apply, just going at a MUCH faster pace).

Juicebox-I think I was up there the same weekend as you.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Cool. Yeah, the RC got totaled. I'm at nc bike on my new 03 R6. Running red group. Come by, I'm one of the first setups from the building!

I'll swing by after I establish my "site." On my (new to me) RC, hoping to get into Red today, currently only White.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts