RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got myself a bargain VTR FireStorm/SuperHawk as a runabout. Had one of these before and regretted selling it. Such a magic machine compared with the inline fours. Coincidence that fellow member @Straycat recently sold one, BUT not in the 'must have' black!!
1998 version, 18,000 miles (a bit high for my liking but reasonable for the bike) Now doing a clean up. Has suffered some corrosion from damp garage. Most is recoverable with Autosol.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice Score Nigel. Almost as nice as my aqua-marine one LOL. I know, the Aqua is an acquired taste. Mine went to its new home last week, I never even rode it, but it was a lovely bike and had only 14,000km on it, all OEM

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice Score Nigel. Almost as nice as my aqua-marine one LOL. . . .
Nah. Mine needs a lot of work to meet yours. It's like comparing Oprah Winfrey with Scarlett Johansson; an impossible transformation!:)
I do like the polished wheels on these things though, and have my eye on a black pillion cowl on eBay.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ooh, ooh, scored myself a set of Remus high mount pipes off eBay. Supposedly nearly unobtainable now.

I think a few of the RC51 owners have them, or similar. For me, they give the bike a much better look:

This pic shows the style; not my bike:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can't help myself. Just bought me some nice wheels with the polished rims. They'll be a lot damn shinier after I've rubbed a tube of Autosol into them. Might to the before and after tomorrow!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Your a very sick man Nigel. Get well soon.

I can relate to this BTW so dont feel alone in your suffering. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts