RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I bought an RC without realising there was no rear seat latch assembly.

I purchased one but their isn't any good pics of the setup in my manual.

Could someone please post up some good clear shots of the seat latch assembly, some different angles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,189 Posts
if my bike was intact i'd send you some.....sorry i can't help you out on this one.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
The lock cylinder and the bracket are notched. I am not sure the fender opening is notched, but I believe so. These notches dictate which way you should assemble the assy.

At the base of the lock cylinder there are two slots where the spring clip inserts (The horse shoe shaped clip) Make sure that is seated properly.

You will need to attach the cable before you slide the spring clip in too.

I am working off memory here, so I hope you hang in there with me.:D

1) Insert lock cylinder into the fender-align the notches.
2) Slide the bracket over the lock cylinder-. (Inside the fender)
3) Install the cable-align the notches on the bracket and lock cylinder.
4) Slide the sping clip in the slots at the base of the lock cylinder.
5) Place the end of the cable in the saddle at the top of the bracket, it should "snap" in place and stay. Its easy to bend, so be careful.

Make sure this works by turning the key in the lock paying attention to the movement of the latching mechanism under the tail. Do not put the seat or cover on until you are certain its going to work properly over and over.;)

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was working off of the explaination by Madbuyer and was doing fine but the pics from b.miller, that was the ticket.

Thanks gentlemen...now back to my baby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts