RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, im new to the Honda RC51 thing so some advice would be great. Im after a bike, now I want to know what is the best one and what mods should I be looking for and what ones not to look for. I like the Nicky Hayden I must say, it will be used as a performance bike on the road and track. I have a few Ducati's and really like these Honda's so thanks in Advance.
Thanks Gum

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hello, im new to the Honda RC51 thing so some advice would be great. Im after a bike, now I want to know what is the best one and what mods should I be looking for and what ones not to look for. I like the Nicky Hayden I must say, it will be used as a performance bike on the road and track. I have a few Ducati's and really like these Honda's so thanks in Advance.
Thanks Gum
Hi Gum, and welcome to the site :)

I would say the SP2 is the better of the two bikes, though the SP1 is still an great bike (mine is the SP1 :D) Its lighter, has revised fueling which sort of eliminates the glitchy fueling that the SP1 suffered from in standard trim and has an uber cool swing arm :)
Either get a bog standard bike, so you can start from a clean canvas so to speak, or get a well sorted one.
Personally, I would not buy an RC51 (or any other bike for that matter) that has been track'd.
Being Honda they are generally very reliable and build quality is good, Ive had mine just over a year now and have not had a single issue.
I'd definitely advise a test ride if you haven't already done so. You buy one of these because you want one, not for balls out performance, and as much as I love mine to bits, they just dont compare to newer machinery in terms of performance. Its harder to get big power out of them. Costlier too.

HTH
:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Gum
mine is available if interested

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tar

Thanks for that, I think the later one in Red and Silver is the go. I will keep looking, I think 5 to 6k will will get a well sorted bike. Thanks Gum

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Thanks for that, I think the later one in Red and Silver is the go. I will keep looking, I think 5 to 6k will will get a well sorted bike. Thanks Gum
5-6k will get you a great bike! You may have to travel for it though. Ebay is still a great source for used bikes and to gauge there value. Got mine for $3600 but it was a race bike previously, so you get what you pay for

1 - 7 of 7 Posts