RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does someone in my area (Sacramento) have a loptop to help me load a new map on my PCIIIr? I cant get my desktop close enough and unlike the PCIIIusb, the PCIIIr has to remain in the bike for a power source.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Does someone in my area (Sacramento) have a loptop to help me load a new map on my PCIIIr? I cant get my desktop close enough and unlike the PCIIIusb, the PCIIIr has to remain in the bike for a power source.
Oh John....:rolleyes: The wifey is not letting you bring the bike inside ???:eek::D
Just park it next to the couch:D

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I bought a new PC from LDH and it came with a 9 volt adapter so you could power it up and install a map without having to bring the bike in the house. Do you not have it with the PC?

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
I bought a new PC from LDH and it came with a 9 volt adapter so you could power it up and install a map without having to bring the bike in the house. Do you not have it with the PC?
Who does not wanna bring the bike in the house:confused:, I had mine in my living room for 3 years( on display ) on the 3 floor of my apartment building:D. Now I am the building manager and have built my own little work shop( bike home ) in the parkade:cool:
Needless to say the wifey is MUCH happier with it out LMAO

·
Registered
175 Posts
PC comes with a 9v adapter, to hook up a 9v battery for a power supply. If you can't find one closer to home Jondog I'll lend you mine.

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys, I appreciate the info about the 9V and the power source, but my PCIIIr predates that. It doesn't have any provisions for any other other power sources. To tell you how old it is, it uses a serial cable.
If nothing else, I could get my desktop from my apartment to my garage. Probably what I'll do...

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
He has an older PCIIIr.
The newer PCIIIUSB is the one with the 9V connector.
Thanks for clarifying...one other suggestion jondog, how far is the bike from the 'puter? If it's not too far how about a long run of a serial cable.

Not sure how long they make them or if they are cheap but a quick phone call to a computer place should get you the answers you need. Don't know if this is feasible but it may be another viable option if it is.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
Living in the upstairs apartment is at times abitch too...:rolleyes::D

I was going to say if you got the 'ol girl to walk up the stairs, you should start your own stunt riding school:D Oh wait, you tried that not too long ago:confused::p

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Living in the upstairs apartment is at times abitch too...:rolleyes::D

I was going to say if you got the 'ol girl to walk up the stairs, you should start your own stunt riding school:D Oh wait, you tried that not too long ago:confused::p
I was not stunt riding when I had my near head on with a dodge truck that came over the yellow on me. And about the stairs.... No, I rode it into the elevator, yes running, then down the hall LOL Took the easy way up LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts