RC51 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well im looking at picking up my first rc at a local dealership. well the story on this bike is that the dude is a millionare and hes bought alot well a crap load of bikes from them. hangs on to them for a bit then gets tired of it and trades them back in. well i went up there today and was looking at a cbr1k when i wasked if they had any rc's and to my suprise they did. this is a mint 05 black and graphite rc with 24 miles... not 2400 not 240. i didnt forget any numbers. but 24 miles. i know what there asking for it but im wondering what would be the right price for the bike. ill let yall know what there asking for it later on but im wondering what the price of the bike in your oppinion would be. o and its bone stock also and still got nubs on the tires

·
Registered
863 Posts
I wouldn't pay more then $7K for it. Just do to the fact that its really not worth much more. Then when I pull up next to you on my 2000 sp1 with a couple of mods on it and blow your doors off you'll feel even worse that you paid more then that.

I have a feeling this millionare is giving these bikes back to the dealer on consignment. There is a Ducati dealership that I hang at every now and then that has a couple of high class guys they do that for.

·
Registered
389 Posts
the black and grey is a draw, and the 24 miles is a draw. i'd pay 8k, and i'm as tight as they come!

i can't imagine buying a bike, riding it home, riding it to the corner store once, and four years later selling it! how much focking money do people have??? jealous? fock yeah!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would be better if it was the 2006 model, at least you would have the last year in production. I say 7 maybe 8K drive out but thats pushin it considering its been sitting up for years and already serviced. 24 miles hmm well hope they got the gas and oil out before the trade in but im sure youll be told it's been reserviced and changed and the inner tank was cleaned out.

·
Registered
389 Posts
is there a speedo cable? i figure it's electronic but what do i know. one thing will in general indicate if the mileage is reasonable - the condition of the bike. it should look like the other ones in the showroom.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts