RC51 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK.. I am getting rid of the nobrand windscreen (bought used) than came on my 2004 Hayden. I am contemplating Puig, Zero or Lockhart.

Anyone that can offer any opinions and especially pictures of what you have would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
a bit expensive, you might say... What about ebay? Replica? I'm just glad the stock was still on my bike when I bought it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a bit expensive, you might say... What about ebay? Replica? I'm just glad the stock was still on my bike when I bought it.
Zero Gravity makes exact OEM duplicates, but I have no history with Zero Grav. Good quality? Their replacement is $85.

Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
The double-bubble design acts as a parabolic reflector, especially with dark tinted ones.
If you have your bike faced away from the sun, the sunlight will get focused near the gauges and melt the plastic.
The clear ones allow enough of the sunlight to pass through that it isn't as much of a problem.

Reportedly, Honda corrected the problem in '04 and up with a instrument panel cover made of different material that doesn't melt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
puig

i got a puig and i love it if you are tall 6ft or taller you know how hard it is to tuck behind the stock windscreen but with the puig tuck and go is comfortable and it looks great

·
Super Moderator
6,481 Posts
Supposedly Honda corrected the melting gauge cover on the '04 > models with different material.
Mine also has the damaged gauge cover and I'm going to order an '04 cover as a test.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I want to install a Puig windscreen on my 2000 RC51. Did you guys remove the well nut from the factory windscreen or get new ones? It almost looks like there is an O ring on the inside holding it in place but I don't it is. Is there a trick to getting them off?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well that was a dumb question. After posting I went into the garage, pulled one off and twisted it on the windscreen. :eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the factory one also. If you are looking for the tinted look and dont ever look through your screen just paint it black . I have done this with many of my bikes and it looks good.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I wish I knew ahead of time about the sun burning the instrument cluster with the Puig screens. I guess I will have to carry a rag with me to cover the instrument cluster but it is rare I go anywhere where the bike is unattended.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts