RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Hello,

Do you guys have notice a neutral between 5 and 6 gear?

regards

bruno
Ah ha! What you have found my friend is called false neutral. It usually means that gears and engaging levers are spinning with sub-millimeter clearance between them. Usually it mechanical reasons, from worn gears to a bent shift fork to poorly adjusted shift linkage to just rider error (not a positive enough shift) Sometimes while you're in it, it'll sound like loose nuts and bolts chattering inside the transmission. Pretty common in cassette type close ratio transmissions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, do you think this can be a problem?
maybe is a problem with the raider, because my last bike (cbr 600F4) had the same problem.

·
RC51 Forums Moderator
275 Posts
Usually isn't. Does it happen more than once? Does it happen while you're just commuting? Usually when you're in a relaxed state, you don't use as much force and you don't bump the shifter hard enough... As long as you caught it right away, Minimal damage so you should fine.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i don't do the necessary force , because when i think on it, the problem does not appear.
she only do that 2 or 3 times

thank you

·
Registered
389 Posts
my rc51 has similar problem. it's like i shift but miss the gear. when it happens i down shift before up shifting again. this happens about once or twice on a 200 mile ride in the back country with a fair amount of shifting involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts