RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Birthday present to myself and getting back into riding after a few years off.

Guy was selling an 01 RC (19k miles) and a 2010 VFR 1200FD (14k miles) ... got them both for a very fair price.

The RC was someone's rider but its completely stock. In ~2018 it started to develop some electrical/mechanical and in ~2019 the person I got it from sorted it out - replaced wiring harness, new fuel pump, new injectors, new regulator. He happened to be getting out of riding and picked up them both at the same time. I used to ride an '08 Hayabusa and '06 636 so its an attractive combo for me.

On the RC will likely leave the body alone for some time - just appreciate its nicks/scratches/scars as a "patina" of its history. Otherwise, will put on an exhaust, update the brakes, get it tuned, and make sure all of the 'mechanicals' are top notch.

On the VFR the rear brake needs an overhaul - the prior owner never really used it. Otherwise we should be ready to roll :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Nice combo! I have both as well. Use the RC for local twisties, and the track.

12Hundo is for ripping it up on long trips, it's a 175 horsepower couch!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Both look great! Nice to find an RC that age that is stock. Most are not. About the only change I would make to the RC are "louder pipes" but just my personal preference. Having had several in line fours, the v twin sound is very unique and probably my favorite part of the bike. My wife says it sounds as like an NHRA dragster when cranked with the loud pipes. I like it, neighbors, probably not so much. I miss the handling and power of my 929 and GSXR 1000 but wouldn't go back and the RC is plenty fast for an old man.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts