RC51 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man! i just changed the chain and both sprokets and Damn! its like I added 10 more HP.. The bike is flying up now in 1st and 2nd.....and I'm 240lbs!!! I might have to ride this beast to work tonight!!!:eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And im still stock gearing!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
And im still stock gearing!!
That's amazing that you feel that much difference with just a new chain and sprockets (Still be stock gearing). Try -1 front +2 rear, with the free mods (if you haven't done them already).... it really feels like it got a kick in the rear!

·
Old & Slow Admin
271 Posts
That's amazing that you feel that much difference with just a new chain and sprockets (Still be stock gearing). Try -1 front +2 rear, with the free mods (if you haven't done them already).... it really feels like it got a kick in the rear!

+1.....going to 15/41 will make it feel like a brand new/different bike.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just finished my 15/41 DID combo last night and took it for a spin when done......Whoa, its a totally different bike. 1st gear comes up on hard throttle, and stop 2 go's are so much smoother. If you dont have the upgrade yet, do it!

Also on a side note if you have to rivet a new master link take your time with it, and if you need any input PM me.....I just used the Pro motion tool and it was cake.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Just finished my 15/41 DID combo last night and took it for a spin when done......Whoa, its a totally different bike. 1st gear comes up on hard throttle, and stop 2 go's are so much smoother. If you dont have the upgrade yet, do it!

Also on a side note if you have to rivet a new master link take your time with it, and if you need any input PM me.....I just used the Pro motion tool and it was cake.
hey how much did you pay? where did you get it? I have been eyeballin the driven set up but Its $215 on ebay!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I shopped around and this was the cheapest I found. sprocketcenter.....and if you get it I would tell them to give you 105 links rather than 106 for the 15/41 combo or go with the 42 rear with 106 links. I honestly would have prob gone with the 42 rear now I tried the 41. Its still sick but hey, why not a little more launch since its a new chain.

Product(s) Item Price Quantity Total
D.I.D. 530VM Chain & Steel Sprocket Kit - HONDA RC-51 00-06
Front Sprocket Size: 15
Rear Sprocket Size: 41 $179.95 1 $179.95
Sub Total: $179.95
Shipping: $7.95
Total: $187.90

If you need any assistance, or have any queries about your recent
purchase, please e-mail us at [email protected].

1 - 7 of 7 Posts