RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys and Gals

My name is Jessica and I am new to the RC world just bought a 2002 rc51 off a friend in need of cash. I have been riding 8 years. I started on a ninja 250 then got a gixxer 600, 750, 1000, Harley Davidson Fat boy another gixxer 1000 and now the rc. I Ran a custom shop for a few years. I got tboned back in 2006 and aint been right since but thats ok i got all my limbs and Im still riding. Other then that I know nothing about RC other then the sound cool they wheelie like crazy and there bulky compared to my gixxer.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Boy Jessica, you've run the gamut of motorcycles! The RC 51 is a different bike, it doesn't feel as quick handling as my CBR, yet displays a "grace under pressure" that I haven't experienced in any of my previous bikes. Yes, it's heavier, and has less HP than my CBR 929, but I love riding it, it's a keeper, the CBR goes on the block. Best of luck with your bike, you will find some very knowledgeable people lurking about here, WELCOME!

john

·
Registered
120 Posts
John hit the nail on the head. The RC is far more stable in the corners than any in-line four I've ridden. It's like riding a "slot car" bike. Just take your line and it plants itself. The in-lines tend to be a bit less predictable IMO. Can't really feel when it's going to break loose. The RC's VERY stable and very predictable in the corners. Stability equals confidence, confidence equals SPEED...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know its a world of difference i have done track days on the gixxer and i will see about doing some on the rc. I am to the point now i just want to ride. i went 2 years without riding do to the wreck so it feels great to jump back on a horse. i'll test my warters when i get used to her but for now i'll keep it simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts