RC51 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
After 10+ years of drooling over the incredible RC51 I finally pulled the trigger. I was intent on finding an RC that was completely bone stock and low kilometers. Considering these bikes are low production and I live in the Cruiser Capital of Canada I was surprised to find this gem for sale.

To say that I love this bike is an understatement. I have been riding since I was 8 years old and this year is my 31st year on a bike. I have owned many different bikes including vintage bikes and modern alike. The only bike that was a crazy fun to ride was my Speed Triple.

So in the end I bought a 2000 SP1 #208 and I bought it after sitting since 2005. To say its beautiful is an understatement, its also showroom.

I do want to make some minor changes and have put fresh rubber on it. Now I want to do the exhaust and have discovered that SP1 exhaust is almost non existent unless I want GPR exhaust which seems to get very bad reviews on this forum. I have used IXIL exhaust on my Sprint ST1050 and it was excellent. Fantastic quality and build with an incredible sound and they happen to make it for the SP1.

Anyway Hello from Alberta and can't wait for my summer on this beauty.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Welcome aboard, post pics of the bike ! :) :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Howdy neighbor! What part of the city do you live in? I'm an hour and a half north of St Albert, perhaps we can go for a spin one of these days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts