RC51 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I don't own a RC51...yet! Name comes from my F4i, which got beat to heck and back, and made me fall in love with Honda.

I just recently had a GSX-R 750 stolen. He's still riding her around, as I nearly caught the bugger, but for now, she's gone. This whole affair made me realize that I really should get a RC51 if the 750 doesn't turn back up. For over 5 years my favorite motorcycle on the market is the RC51 though.

With the advent of all the new ones...it's still my favorite!

Anyway, I thought I'd toss mine in, I've lingered here a bit just as a guest, but decided to join.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
6,495 Posts
Better to find the thief.
Then you'll probably find everybody else's bikes he stole.
A .22 (or .45) on each knee cap is an excellent persuader.
It's hard to steal bikes if you can't walk.

·
Registered
422 Posts
WELCOME SPEEDY GONZALES....hee.haa

·
Registered
8 Posts
greetings all. i, too, am in New Mexico, though i do own an RC. picked up a 2002 for a sweet deal i couldn't pass up. will be turning it into a race bike over the next few months and joining the local club circuit (and other races where my SMRI license will be accepted) next year.

also not new to riding. rode an old 1984 Yamaha Maxim XJ700 for about 6 years. bike died a couple of years ago and only recently picked up a brand new BMW K1300S. and since i put him down on the track, it firmly cemented my want for a track bike (was already planning on it anyway). the reason i wanted an RC51 was for the sweet torque to get my fat ass out of the corners better.

current upgrades:
Two Brothers high mount pipes and cans
Power Command IIIr
520 chain conversion w/ hardened aluminum +1 in the back
flapper valve mod
exhaust valve modded (told to me by previous owner, not sure what exactly was done)

things ordered:
(received but havn't put it on yet) slingshot racing screen
hot bodies racing plastic

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nice pics Amigo........

·
Registered
1 Posts
greetings all. i, too, am in New Mexico, though i do own an RC. picked up a 2002 for a sweet deal i couldn't pass up. will be turning it into a race bike over the next few months and joining the local club circuit (and other races where my SMRI license will be accepted) next year.

also not new to riding. rode an old 1984 Yamaha Maxim XJ700 for about 6 years. bike died a couple of years ago and only recently picked up a brand new BMW K1300S. and since i put him down on the track, it firmly cemented my want for a track bike (was already planning on it anyway). the reason i wanted an RC51 was for the sweet torque to get my fat ass out of the corners better.

current upgrades:
Two Brothers high mount pipes and cans
Power Command IIIr
520 chain conversion w/ hardened aluminum +1 in the back
flapper valve mod
exhaust valve modded (told to me by previous owner, not sure what exactly was done)

things ordered:
(received but havn't put it on yet) slingshot racing screen
hot bodies racing plastic

welcome and clean looking bike. You should start a new thread just for yourself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts