RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up? I'm Gregg the "new guy". I just purchased my RC51 this week and will be picking it up this weekend. I think I got a pretty good deal and my new bike is clean and well maintained: 2003 with less than 9k miles. It's got the usual mods like exhaust, rearsets, etc. I previously have owned inline 4s (600rr) so I am eager to get used to the feel and difference with my new v-twin machine.
I will be reading everything I can on the site for insipiration and helpful owership advice. I know how much of a cult-like following there is for this bike among non-owners so I can't wait to experience that from the true insiders now!
pics will be posted as soon as I get this bike in my garage.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Awesome, another '03 on the board! Welcome to the forum and hope you get to enjoy the bike as much as we do.............now time to put some miles on that bad boy!

James

·
Premium Member
3,188 Posts
nice, sounds like a good find. Post up some pics and details on all the goodies its got. welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there are mucho mods so hopefully I can remember everything
apex clip ons
(not sure brand) frame sliders
racetech front suspension
1/6 turn HRC throttle
PAIR mod
flapper mod
erion exhausts (dude installed backwards since he didn't want to see brand logo)
pcIII tuned with sato map
bmc air filters
custom rear tailight/license plate bracket (not 100% sure if I like it)
stainless brake & clutch lines
harris rearsets
dubble bubble tinted windscreen
gearing change to sprockets (-1 front) w/ 520 conversion
I'm sure there is more but that's all I can remember now off the top of my head. Here are the pics I have currently. Once I get the fluids flushed and make sure every bolt is tightended up, I'll get some cool shots

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Welcome Gregg. Nice clean bike...wanna come detail mine for me hehehehe; I live in bug central and we were out last evening, got a pretty mean protein coating on mine at the moment:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts