RC51 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2003 RC51
Purchase about a year ago, project bike. It was completely stock and it had been down once with considerable cosmetic damage and stored for about 4 ½ years. After purging, flushing and/or rebuilding all cooling, hydraulic and fuel systems… what mess, we continued to completely go through the engine. To our surprise, it was in great condition. I sent the plastics to David Tovar of SUPER BIKE PAINT, sbkpaint.com… He did a GREAT job restoring it to OEM condition, you can’t see any sign of damage. Did you know OEM stickers from Honda run a tad over $500.00? If I had to do it again, I would negate the stickers, but, it looks great.

Some of the changes made include:
Flapper Mod
Soft Rev Mod
PAIR Mod
Bar-End Mirror
PC III USB w/custom map
Under tail w/ integrated turns
Flush front turns
Yoshimura RS-3 Exhaust
OHLINS Internals
Scott’s Steering Dampener
GP Shift
Billet Rear Reservoir, and relocated
Euro Light control
JPR levers-Gold
SS Braid Hydraulic lines
Cut (remove) passenger pegs

Sticking it to the ground is a set of Bridgestone BT-03 tires. These tires are great, if you haven’t slipped a pair on yet, I would highly recommend giving them a try.

On Sundays, you can usually find me around Sunrise Hwy, Julian, Hwy 94 or Palomar Mountain along with many others.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Welcome, nice restoration. That's pretty much what I did to get my bike on the road again. I was involved with all the prep and painting cause my buddy runs a collision repair shop. What a hook-up that was.

Glad to see yet another RC brought back to life!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts