RC51 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, name is Ryan and im stationed at camp lejeune NC (for now)

picking up my bike in the next couple weeks, just wanted to get a head start on the message boards.

Ryan

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
welcome to the forum, get some pics up when you get your bike.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do, looks like im heading up north to get in friday (Maryland) and i'll have it back down here saturday

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Hi Ryan and welcome aboard.
North Carolina seems to be a hotbed of RC51 activity.
It's where I bought mine.

Welcome Ryan,

Sub...it has nothing to do with the roads would it???:D

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im actually extremely ecstatic, i have been contemplating over a rc51 and a tl1000r the last 6 months and i think i will be please by far

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had two TL-S's and two RC51's...they are both great bikes. VERY different...in good ways though. The TL is more playful and would say it has more bottom end and maybe even a bit more of a rush up top in feel (but ultimately less peak power). But the TL definitely feels like the older bike where the RC still feels like it can belong with the latest bikes in componetry. TL sounds better..no matter what you guys say :) And wheelies better. That said, the RC is a better handling and better all around bike. Just my 2 cents :D

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Hey Ryan,
I think we are all waiting on pictures man:D

From where I have been and seen the roads out here in East NC (the coast)just Suck. No twisties:(

Sub, please fill us in if you know of any where east of I-95. Anything farther west and it would need to be a weekend trip. But I am working in a trip to the The Gap this summer and some other areas I've heard about.(sry about the thread jack)

Hey Ryan have a safe trip. Hit me up in a couple week and we'll go tare up some strait roads:( and an on ramp or 2.

Ride Safe
James

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Ryan,
I think we are all waiting on pictures man:D

Ride Safe
James

so i rode the bike 300 miles back from Fredericksburg VA yesterday and today the weather has been crap so tomorrow i will get some pics for sure and have them up, all i can say is wow what a great bike so far, clean and crisp throttle response, smooth powerband and plenty of power, despite the fact that i didn't touch over 80 mph it still felt great. The only tentative things will be tires shortly and possibly a led tail light, the ARATA exhaust sounds sick and it already has frame sliders, flush mounts and a pc-III

as for the duration of the trip i stopped when needed only for gas but right where my leg muscles touch the seat became a little fatigued after 100 miles or so but after a few min being off the bike i was fine and this morning the same, no issues. the manual choke did surprise me a little being fuel injected but it works and im good with that

pics and a new link tomorrow!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts