RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, finally got around to picking up my first RC51. Currently have a 2002 Ducati SuperSport and a 1985 Yamaha V-Max. Have been wanting an RC since before I even started riding and made it a goal to grab one after I had some more experience.

The time finally came yesterday when a nice 2000 model (vin #66) popped up while i was visiting family on vacation. Loaded it into the back of my truck to get it to a friends place and then riding it 200+ miles back home at the end of the week while he drives my truck with a bed full of junk. Pictures don't do this thing justice, not a single scratch, 17,000 miles, and I couldn't be happier.

Was just about to buy a set of Yoshimura pipes for it before realizing the sp1's exhaust is different and the only option for a quality one is to find it here used, so let the hunt begin lol

·
Registered
2,186 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congratulations. Where in Canada? We have members from the Canadian west coast to east coast here. Enjoy!

As the OP knows, SP1 exhaust is really hard to find.

I'd do the work to get adapt an SP2 header over. Access to many more exhaust options (from value to premium) and you can buy midpipes or cans separately from many manufacturers.

Cheers
Thanks! I'm currently in Fredericton, NB

Seriously thinking about doing the sp2 swap, would love to throw a set of Ladybird's on this thing. Also might look into a Corbin or similar seat for some long rides i have coming up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You might take a look at this guy's site. I just got the seat back from him but haven't ridden on it yet. I bought a Luimoto cover and sent that with it. The seat looks great. I'll update with a new post after I get some seat time.

This guy's a pro as well as just a nice guy.

Spencers Seat Modifications - FAQ

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might take a look at this guy's site. I just got the seat back from him but haven't ridden on it yet. I bought a Luimoto cover and sent that with it. The seat looks great. I'll update with a new post after I get some seat time.

This guy's a pro as well as just a nice guy.
Thanks! thats definitely something to consider, especially for that price.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Finally got a family picture done! The Ducati probably isn't too happy that i brought something like the RC home, it's riding time has gone down since haha

Yes the "grass" needs to be cut, new yard and trying to get everything to fill in before the winter, cutting it down fairly soon to make some mulch so it hopefully wont be so damn patchy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts