RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I´ve spent some time on the forums here before introducing my self, just "ordered" my bike so I thought I should. It´s a 2003 RC51 from Italy with 12000km(7400miles) on it, not bad!
It is supposed to be completely original except for the grey wings are painted red. But because of the low miles on it, I didn´t care. I can always paint them back to the original colour if I want to I guess.

While I wait for the bike of my dreams, I drive around on my Honda NC30, fun little bike, but not quite the same as a RC51. But boy, it is a fun bike!

Can´t wait to get my new bike! Guess I´ll have to stay in the forums the whole winter, mentally preparing for the summer. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried to put some pics out, but I have to have a post count over 10. I currently have 2 with this post:( Maybe later then!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nc30s were never imported by dealers here in Norway, so all bikes are so called grey imports(I think they´re called). So getting parts and such can be a pain. Luckily, England has a lot of them, so I have some "contacts" for getting parts and stuff.

Are there really no NC30s in the US??

·
Premium Member
4,617 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure you'll love your RC51!

As a long time VFR750 owner, I like the little 400's too, especially the NC35's with their better 17 inch rear wheel. Trouble is, they're as expensive here in Japan as larger bikes, which makes no sense to me.

Currently looking out for a nice NC21 NSR250 with dry clutch and single sided swing arm, as a possible future project. You know the VFR750's rear wheel can be adapted to the NC30 quite easily, right? :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn´t know I could use the vfr 740´s rear wheel, no. But I think I´ll keep it as it is for now at least. As long as I can get tires for it, I don´t really mind. I would like to keep it as original as possible.

I´m getting ready to change the exhaust though, cause the previous owner cut(!) off the original muffler, and welded on a maggot.... So a TYGA full exhaust is waiting for it! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts