RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's up everyone?? New guy here, my name is Jared... currently living in north Georgia just east of Atlanta, but in the next 2 days I'll be moving to Mills River, NC (just south of Asheville) for a new job. I don't ride an RC, but rather an '04 CBR 600 F4i. I absolutely love the F4i, I bought it new back in mid October '04 and we've traveled just over 167,000 miles together, it's been an amazing bike! But, there's always been that special place in my heart for the RC-51.... I just love 'em, and have been wanting one for a long time now. I used to ride my buddies '04 all the time and loved it. Soooo that being said, I'm keeping my fingers crossed on being able to squeeze another bike into the budget sometime in the next year or so. I just got a new job after being laid off several times in the last year (this whole past year has been HELL!!), and it comes with a pretty hefty pay raise as well, so I may just be able to finally afford the RC I've wanted. Definitely NOT getting rid of the F4i though, any other bikes will be in addition to, not replacing the F4i :D

Anyways, that's my senseless babbling for the night, lol. I'll hang around here for awhile and learn as much as I can, and *fingers crossed* hopefully can join the group in the near future

In the mean time, here's a pic of me and my F4i, taken back in May at Skyine Drive in Virginia at a CBR meet

BTW if there's anybody around Asheville, NC we'll definitely have to meet up and ride! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RC or not. Welcome. At least someone else here has a CBR :)
Thanks! :) I don't feel so alone now, lol

Don't I know you from 600rr.net??

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome, you lucky, lucky man, I would give anything to live in those neck of the woods, talk about great roads, lets see south of Asheville, I'm thinking 276 to Waynesville get on the Blue ridge south to 19 down to 28 then west to 129 aka (Deals gap) into Tennessee to Tellico plains and back to NC by way of they Cherohala sky way, sounds like fun, or as the would say overseas, Tarmac of the gods mate, Tarmac of the Gods, have fun you lucky, lucky man..

·
Registered
89 Posts
Welcome to eh club. My first bike was a CBR so i know the feeling. And welcome to NC Im just north of Greensoro. My RC is down for a while but once its up we will have to ride for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts