RC51 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am a mature lifetime Honda rider. I have always been fascinated by all things Race HRC RC51. I joined your site for advice from like minded Honda enthusiasts and guidance before any purchase. I have watched over the past few years how U.K prices have become stratospheric with some dealers asking up to £18,000 GDP which I believe is about $13,846 US. Using $1.30/£1.00 exchange rate. Due to this I decided to climb aboard all things RC51 or as we know them over the pond as the VTR1000SP1 and VTR1000SP2. I purchased a 2002 VTR1000SP2 InOctober 2021. Following a full strip down and regrease, all fluids changed, thorough cleaning and accessories added, I am ready to go. I have not been disappointed. Well worth the wait. Full Maxton suspension, HRC rear brake pipe conversion, Honda double bubble screen, carbon fibre seat unit, Ladybird Titanium Exhausts from HardParts, Dynojet PC111, Harris clip on handlebars, carbon hugger and footrest guards and chain guard / hugger. Following trial runs with new exhausts it will be off to Dyno Shop soon for proper set up and fuelling tweaks. Thanks for reading this far.

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi BigglesRC51SP2
I think you may have worked that out wrong as £18,000 to US dollars currently is $22428. I think you worked out US dollars to the UK sterling conversion rate.
Nice looking bike. How are you getting on with the spring colour on the maxton rear shock as i had the exact same set up as yourself on my first SP2? I have also been watching the carbon fibre rear tail section on eBay but haven’t quite hit the buy it now button

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi BigglesRC51SP2
I think you may have worked that out wrong as £18,000 to US dollars currently is $22428. I think you worked out US dollars to the UK sterling conversion rate.
Nice looking bike. How are you getting on with the spring colour on the maxton rear shock as i had the exact same set up as yourself on my first SP2? I have also been watching the carbon fibre rear tail section on eBay but haven’t quite hit the buy it now button

Evening Pirks,
Thanks for your kind words, sorry about my currency conversion mistake as my maths were never that good. Thankfully the Maxton shock and fork conversion were already fitted by Maxton before I bought this machine. Originally Maxton rear shock springs are purple but a previous owner paid extra for the white finish. I think it blends in well and doesn’t shout bling bling. Both suspension modifications work well on the road and give a very sure ride. I saw the carbon fibre rear seat units on eBay but found that if I purchased direct from the retailer it was cheaper ( no eBay fees to pay by retailer ). I wanted to keep my original seat unit safely stored away in bubble wrap as they are unobtainable in the U.K. Carbon Fibre tail unit is an exact 1/1 replica of the original and my go too decal guy confirmed this as he had to make number boards and stripes copies from originals. Fitted perfectly. Good quality product. Regards.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Although I try not to get myself caught up in the material things of this world, that is a damn good looking bike.

The white color scheme has really grown on me. Also like the all honda red scheme you guys have overseas. I would love to have either with the original oem fairings

1 - 9 of 9 Posts