RC51 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My names Jim
I live in Bremerton Wa. Own a CNC machine shop here. I've been riding for close to 50 years. Own a bunch of bikes. Just sold my 06 50th aniv R1 and bought an 03 RC51 track bike. it's got a mild superbike motor in it. Yada yada. GP suspension and a Penske shock. My main street ride is a motard, so the R1 just wasn't any fun any more...

This is what it is...

·
Registered
106 Posts
G'day! Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
89 Posts
welcome to the group.. Man that is a wild paint you got going on there. nice. Does your buisness have a site would love to take a look. I restore old hot rods and customs as well as my own tinkering on my bike always in the amrket for a good CNC shop.

·
Registered
422 Posts
PBMW, i sold my heavily modded DRZ SM & buy RC51 wz low milage on it for track usage...frankly i miss the motard riding ..Its a fun bike.Now my street riding is a Honda Phantom 200cc 4 stroke chopper bike...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shop site is http://www.pbmwgroup.com/
We have two four axis mills and a turning center. Program with two seats of Mastercam and two seats of Solidworks 2008
My DRZ is also pretty heavily modded.
440 big block, 41mm FCR, SSW/MRD pipe, Hotcams, Bigger valves and springs...
It's a hot rod.

The RC51 is not a paint job though. It's a vinyl wrap. Was the previous owners sponsors...
It's going to get painted.

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
We have two four axis mills and a turning center. Program with two seats of Mastercam and two seats of Solidworks 2008
It's a hot rod.

The RC51 is not a paint job though. It's a vinyl wrap. Was the previous owners sponsors...
It's going to get painted.
Does your shop have the capability to work with AZ80 wrought magnesium?
If so, I've been interested in reverse-engineering some components on my RC51.

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's a hot rod.
Same dude..mine is 39mm FCR, Athena 440 wz Yoshi cam, CDI, Clutch spring & plate & Leo Vince full system...fix KTM Front healight & mud guard..
DAMM..i miss my Z.....

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
I can.
You do realize the fire hazard though....
Yeah you need special precautions and methods during the milling process.
But not too much of a problem in bulk.
After all, the clutch and cam covers are cast magnesium.
And I'm currently using AZ80 magnesium clip-ons.
The main problem is treating the surface to prevent corrosion as it's a very reactive metal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts