RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm on 'Zilla as well and yesterday I read a post from Simon Kobe that there will be some new "stuff" in the works for our RC, he stated that Ladybird has acquired an SP2 and that some "new" products will be coming for the bike.

I don't mean to speculate but I'm curious...

So let me ask you guys, what do you guys want for the RC that isn't already out there?

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what could be in the works?

I'm stumped as to what I would like to see, what is it that our bikes really need? Besides a diet?

My guess...it's camshafts. Chime in guys.

·
Registered
476 Posts
cams
misc top end bits to go with cams
rear sets
triple tree
clip on's
hrc replica brake/clutch lever
throttle body trumpets
some sort of crankcase vent system

I wish someone would make a solo tail with the suzuka endurance tail light setup

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I saw that as well yesterday , that Simon was back from Vaca....I hope its some stuff for us SP-1 owners ! Got my Ohlins rear shock on the way 2morro I hope and then maybe some ladybirds

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
cams
misc top end bits to go with cams
rear sets
triple tree
clip on's
hrc replica brake/clutch lever
throttle body trumpets
some sort of crankcase vent system A KRANKVENT is what you/we need,works great!!!

I wish someone would make a solo tail with the suzuka endurance tail light setup
I WISH for a Suzuka tail, I would buy it in a heartbeat, Mondial off 'Zilla did one I believe

How about a dry clutch kit? Or a clutch cover with a slider?Very good idea MEX

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
476 Posts
I would buy one in a second as well. If anyone out there is listening these would sell like wildfire. Pair it with the turn one race undertail and that would be perfect

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
How about a cable clutch conversion kit say cheaper than the Thorsten? That would be sweet.
You know, I just got a mail back from him last week. I WAS going to get the rear brake setup but it was like WOW....pricey. And under powered from what I have read. Not that I use the rear all that much....but I do use it.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Haters gonna hate. The RC51 has always had a small aftermarket and it is hilariously ridiculous that people seem to want to sabotage it even further. Sure! Like let's pile shit on RC51 aftermarket suppliers still giving good stuff so that we lose even more options.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
Haters gonna hate. The RC51 has always had a small aftermarket and it is hilariously ridiculous that people seem to want to sabotage it even further. Sure! Like let's pile shit on RC51 aftermarket suppliers still giving good stuff so that we lose even more options.
:confused::confused::confused: I am not a hater:confused:, I'm a lover:D.

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If we are to keep these old and aging bikes running we need the support of companies like Ladybird...oh and HONDA!!!

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not pissing on anything merely stating a fact.
That may be true...but I don't see a line up of manufacturers making mid to high end aftermarket products for our bikes. As a matter of fact even Honda stock seems to be slightly dwindling.

Look at ebay and search RC51 I'm talking 90% absolute crap out there, do a search and a host of vendors comes up for exhaust...ALL are discontinued except Yosh, Jardine, Hindle and a couple of really bottom end like Black Dragon. Sub par really.

I realise that the Ladybird stuff isn't for everyone but cost is subjective...I find their pricing not too bad, but then again I'm Canadian as we get screwed on pricing all the time.

Seriously the cost of a new bike here as compared to the US is ridiculous.

·
Registered
311 Posts
How about a cable clutch conversion kit say cheaper than the Thorsten? That would be sweet.
This please.

It would also be nice to see a front mount radiator kit as that other company hasn't responded to any e-mails since October/November... then again, seeing the prices of that exhaust system it'd probably end up being out of my price range.

I forgot who it was on Zilla, but someone posted up pictures of some machined velocity stacks which looked kinda tasty. Who knows? Good to know there's still some kinda support out there.

·
Premium Member
4,561 Posts
This please.

It would also be nice to see a front mount radiator kit as that other company hasn't responded to any e-mails since October/November... then again, seeing the prices of that exhaust system it'd probably end up being out of my price range.

I forgot who it was on Zilla, but someone posted up pictures of some machined velocity stacks which looked kinda tasty. Who knows? Good to know there's still some kinda support out there.
That was Mondial with the stacks, I would buy em, but I have sp1 T.B's:(:D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts