RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings RC51 enthusiasts (Honda's last Twin sport bike??) !

Purchased a 2004 NH special with 8K on the clock. Corbin seat, PCIII, Sato Low Mounts, clear windshield new Mich pilots and crappy undertail set up LOL. Just got the bike emissions tested yesterday and put plates on it today. Its HOT as HELL here in Phoenix right now so I am great test bed for batteries and thermal body punishment. I have been riding off and on now for many years so I am experienced rider. I thought my FZR600 that I have been riding for the last 10 years needed a bit more zoot and my nice Shadow never gets used except to maintain it. Actually I rode a RC for the first time several months ago and as soon as I got off I sold my Honda Shadow and went on a quest to find a decent SP2. Its been so far the best bike I have ever ridden on the street. I love the V twin sound feel and presence that I just dont get on an I4.
Anyway I looked on a Craigslist using a global search and found roughly 12-15 SP2. Some were a joke (crap, painted freeken green, basket cases) . I then realized I wanted the Nicky Hayden Addition 2004 which narrowed my search down and what was out there. Was just about to get serious on one 1800 miles away and deal with that when on that day I checked Craigs list one more time and ended up finding one just a few blocks from my house with exactly all the options I was looking for including the original clear windshield. Took my about 15 minutes to make an offer and close the deal. Rode it home with a huge grin on my face (you know what I mean).

Posted some questions and would like your inputs on Engine and General Discussion Board.

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
ummmmmmmmmm sexy, welcome!

James

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome and what a sexy bike you have. I myself am looking for a NH sp2 I have a sp1 and I am very happy with it. Just want the sp2 NH and life would be even more grand anyways nice find :) she is a hot looking bike enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Well here's an official welcome to you buddy. Make sure all them stickers are well stuck, don't need any extra wind resistance LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts