RC51 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my name is Adam. I’m a new RC51 SP2 owner. I have about a 22 year history of riding various street bikes. Noteably in 2002 I pucheased a brand new R1, and my best friend purchased a 2002 RC51 brand new. Needless to say we rode a ton and I had the pleasure of putting several hundred miles on his RC. Fast forward to now and the nostalgia and fun factor got me. My buddy and I found one on a closed Facebook group this week in VT so we made the trip and took her home on the spot. She isn’t perfect but she’s in really good shape. I intend to ride her occasionally, and chip away on any of the defects to bring her as close to show condition as possible. 15,700 miles, 3 owner pig.

Thanks for having me in the community!
~Adam
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2002 RC51
23 Posts
Beauty, with those unicorn uncut fairings too. Haven't ridden mine in a month, and been questioning why I still own it. Then I took it to work today and quickly remembered why. Awesome machine and I am not worthy.

·
Registered
2003 RC 51 Jardine exh. Flapper, pair valves, seat foams redone.
10 Posts
Welcome Adam! And congrats on your RC purchase! She looks great and I'm sure you are enjoying every mile on her. I have an 03 RC with similar milage I purchased a couple years ago out of Nashua NH. The previous owner only lasted about 1 month b4 messaging me and asking to be considered 1st if I ever decided to sell it as he realized he made a mistake getting rid of the bike the moment he watched/listened to me ride it away. (Tough break 4 him as he won't be getting that RC back from me ever). Feel free to hit me up with a message if you ever plan on riding yours up to the southern NH / Nashua-Manchester area or feel like going for a ride sometime with a fellow RC owner. ~Joe

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome Adam! And congrats on your RC purchase! She looks great and I'm sure you are enjoying every mile on her. I have an 03 RC with similar milage I purchased a couple years ago out of Nashua NH. The previous owner only lasted about 1 month b4 messaging me and asking to be considered 1st if I ever decided to sell it as he realized he made a mistake getting rid of the bike the moment he watched/listened to me ride it away. (Tough break 4 him as he won't be getting that RC back from me ever). Feel free to hit me up with a message if you ever plan on riding yours up to the southern NH / Nashua-Manchester area or feel like going for a ride sometime with a fellow RC owner. ~Joe
Awesome Joe thanks!! Yes she’s an amazing machine I don’t plan to ever let her go. I ride in NH frequently and my good friend who convinced me to make this purchase has an 03’ RC as well and he’s in Manchester. I’ll let you know next time we are out that way.
Cheers-

1 - 8 of 8 Posts