RC51 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

greetings from the City of Angels ... known affectionately by some of us ex-pats as the City of Angles. I've been around elsewhere for a while but thought I'd come over here and check it out. Anyway here's a picture of the bike which I bought it as a bone stock Euro spec '03 5 years ago.

Jimmy

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome aboard Jimmy!

So yours was the test mule for the Tyga front rads and oil cooler kit?
Yessir, developed and tested on my Hord-powered beastie. I have some interesting shots of us mounting fibreboard mockups of the rads in place.

I thought I'd just about got to the end of modding the thing but I'm about to undertake the wire harness mod and maybe install a Durbahn monocoque tail if I can find one at a reasonable price. There is almost no end of how far you can go with these great bikes if you're crazy (?) enough. I looked at an 848 but I still think this is the bike for me. If I can lower the weight a little more and bring the CG down it'll be a little more fun to wrestle around.

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
Oh yeah, I remember reading the write-up on Hord's engine build for you.
I saved those photos for future reference.

I got a good friend from Bangkok who races Ducati air-cooled twins.
The dude's pretty wild. But a damn fine friend.

He used to own a Ducati themed motorcycle cafe that attracted riders from all over the area to watch races and hang out. I miss that place badly.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
Awesome bike, love the thermae front mount rad setup too. Modding this bike is addicting and its already got some great racing heritage behind it. Bike looks great. Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks, I don't want to think how much I've spent on it in the last 5 years. Looks like I've got hold of a Euro spec wire harness now so I'm looking forward to relocating some of the electronics. Not quite sure yet how exactly I'm gonna go about it but I think I'll be binning the side stand, clutch switches and some of the wiring associated with the pair & flapper etc. I'll keep the fuse box.
The tilt sensor, CDI and maybe PC will probably stay under the seat most of the rest can be moved.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have a thorsten battery relocation kit that changes weight to put it down lower. nice bike too
Yeah I have one too and it's a nice piece of kit, I moved the battery back underneath the seat when I changed to a Speedcell from the Yuasa YTZ7S. Now I think I'll go all out to lower the weight and move the Speedcell under the oil filter, even if it does make oil changes a PITA :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts