RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say what up everyone and to say this forum is great. Here is a pic of my new to me 2004 Nicky hayden Edition RC51 with 1200 original miles. Bike is completely stock. Thanks Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Very nice, congrats...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep thats 1200 miles not 12000. Was almost ready to pull the trigger on a 2000 rc51 in seattle with 3000 miles and have it shipped when my unit popped up on craigslist. Currently having all the fluids changed and new tires are on the way.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
What tires and what rear size?
I just dropped the hammer on a set of Michelins, Power Pures, from one of our sponsers here. $267 for the set and that's a 190/55 rear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
got the Michelin pilot power 2ct. Rear 190-50. trying to keep everything stock but wanted a stickier tire.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
got the Michelin pilot power 2ct. Rear 190-50. trying to keep everything stock but wanted a stickier tire.
Ha!! :) We'll see how long that lasts. These bike's have sooo much potential, and usually respond well to any upgrade. Let's see how stock your bike is in one year! ;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
I saw that on Craigslist...knew it wouldn't last long:D

Good buy for you!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
^ Ah-ha! That was the RC in Beavercreek Ohio then. Makes sense now.

I thought that bike/description looked familiar; it looked like a gem...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha!! :) We'll see how long that lasts. These bike's have sooo much potential, and usually respond well to any upgrade. Let's see how stock your bike is in one year! ;)
I hear ya. Already got buddies wanting me to do the undertail and pipes.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I saw that on Craigslist...knew it wouldn't last long:D

Good buy for you!
I wont go into specifics but i got a substantial discount off the asking price and got some extra stuff with the bike. Cant tell you how happy i am. This bike rocks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got three buddies (two of them with rc51s) that are planning a trip to Indy next year for the moto gp race. We should all try to plan a meet up and get together. Would love to meet some of you guys.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Got three buddies (two of them with rc51s) that are planning a trip to Indy next year for the moto gp race. We should all try to plan a meet up and get together. Would love to meet some of you guys.
If I remember right, Madbuyer said they wont be running motoGP at indy next year.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Well that just blew those plans to pieces. Oh well just have to fly me and the bike obroad to a race. :eek: I wish
Don't listed to jondog...MotoGP is in Indy until 2013 at least;)

We had a nice gathering of about 6 RC owners and many more owners from far off that spared their asses the ride:D (Colorado I believe one of the guys I talked with...)

Had some adult beverages and dinner....then chilled and shot the shit as the bike traffic went by. Over 20,000 bikes there that night as a whole, very impressive!

So come on over, the MotoGP will be here:cool:

I'd do the ride to Monterey on the RC if each of my hotels had a hot tub and a six pack of brew......;)

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Don't listed to jondog...MotoGP is in Indy until 2013 at least;)

We had a nice gathering of about 6 RC owners and many more owners from far off that spared their asses the ride:D (Colorado I believe one of the guys I talked with...)

Had some adult beverages and dinner....then chilled and shot the shit as the bike traffic went by. Over 20,000 bikes there that night as a whole, very impressive!

So come on over, the MotoGP will be here:cool:
Tell you what, I'll come to Indy if you come to Leguna Seca. We both know that's rediculously far to ride a RC51 so a pickup is ok ;)

I'd do the ride to Monterey on the RC if each of my hotels had a hot tub and a six pack of brew......;)
And dancers, and an adult high octane beverage.
That's how we roll down here in CA.
You just gotta know the right people ;)

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
Tell you what, I'll come to Indy if you come to Leguna Seca. We both know that's rediculously far to ride a RC51 so a pickup is ok ;)

Thats not too far a reach for me.....July is right around the corner:D

And dancers, and an adult high octane beverage.
That's how we roll down here in CA.
You just gotta know the right people ;)
I could do it in three days if you could insure that these would be female dancers and fine Canadian spirits......when you say dancers I get leary of you Left-Coasters:eek::D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We will for sure be there for the Indy moto gp. Sounds like a blast. Now just cant wait for spring.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts