RC51 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Little history about myself, I used to race, way back in the day, a Suzuki GSXR-750 at WSMC. It was an absolute blast being able to hang with Duc's and some litter bikes. After adulting hard on our house. I sold my bikes and I stopped racing. Fast forward a few years. I've been given an opportunity to flat track in the Hooligan scene. Which is not ideal since these bike (Harley Sportster) are pig's :laugh:. Weighing roughly 450 lbs. But it was an opportunity to race so why not.

A friend of mine knew I have been wanting to get back into road racing. He was moving out of state and he give me his SP1 (frame, swing arm, complete engine and wire harness). I started hunting for parts and came across a smoking deal on a 04 SP2. Bad news was it was salvage title. Good news, it was a runner. Not the prettiest but she ran. Now I have been restoring this unicorn (yes, unicorn becuz it's soo hard to find goodies for these bikes) to be a track thumper >:). To be honest, I wasn't sure if i really wanted a 1000 twin but after riding for a bit HOLLY MOLE it's soo much fun. Now, I'm stoked to get both of them complete. One will be a complete track bike and the other will be my street/track bike (doing a Suzuka style /endurance upper fairing) :wink2:.

I've done some minor mods already which I'll share.

Here's some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Welcome from another new member from SoCal. I just don't live there anymore!

Reactions: FuzzyFonz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts