RC51 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello from Wisconsin. I recently purchased a dream bike of mine, a 2001 RC51. I love the look and history of the bike, I HATE my wheels. I joined this forum in the hopes of learning more about the bike and finding a new set of wheels for it. I HATE the blue wheels.

Thanks for the forum and the space.

Keith

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. That's why I want a new set of wheels. According to my mechanic, it would be a lot of work to have my wheels powdercoated, like my wheel bearings would have to be replaced.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello from Wisconsin. I recently purchased a dream bike of mine, a 2001 RC51. I love the look and history of the bike, I HATE my wheels. I joined this forum in the hopes of learning more about the bike and finding a new set of wheels for it. I HATE the blue wheels.

Thanks for the forum and the space.

Keith
Welcome to the forum. As soon as I find a set of black OZ wheels for sale I'll sell ya mine. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Welcome to the Jungle!

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the RC51.

I know. That's why I want a new set of wheels. According to my mechanic, it would be a lot of work to have my wheels powdercoated, like my wheel bearings would have to be replaced.
If you take your bearings out before powdercoating, no problems.
I had my wheels and cushdrive done. I removed valve stems, tires, seals and bearings in the rims and cushdrive.
I went with a high-end powdercoater, paid around $500. But I got quotes as low as $350 for the set.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts