RC51 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...currently I do not own a RC51 but will be looking for a clean 2004 model in August. I do have a question....generaly when I see an 04 they do not have the "sticker kit" installed...are they still available?

Thanks all.....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome to the forum and yes the stickers show up on eBay but you might want to buy one when you see it because its not very often!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kebo...I will keep an eye out. I will also post some pics of that RC when I get it. I'll try to get one with the stickers on it but I see alot of them with out them....we'll see.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey bear...yup, got that 07. Good to see you here. Like I said, I will be looking for a 51 in about 2 months.

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Like already stated you can find the sticker kits on ebay...although they are not too cheap. I saw an original OEM kit pop up on speedzilla as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna start looking now. Wouldn't hurt to have a spare kit. I have a 07 CBR1000RR Repsol si I know how the decal thing goes.

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, still looking for a clean 04 that the owner doesnt want some outrageous amount of money for....I WILL have my 04 sooner than later.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hey Six I am curious as to what reasons your looking at an RC considering you have a CBRR? I have not ridden the CBRR but I know I4's well enough. Did you have an RC before or ridden one previously (seat time)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey chain, that CBRR is beast but I have always wanted to own an RC. Rode one many years ago and liked it. I have a 1000 Interceptor and love that mid-range power and if I remember from my RC ride that bike had gobs of mid-range. Also, I have a small collection of Hondas and that's one I want in the stable ( along with an RC30, someday ).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hey Six I am curious as to what reasons your looking at an RC considering you have a CBRR? I have not ridden the CBRR but I know I4's well enough. Did you have an RC before or ridden one previously (seat time)?
No he got spanked by a rc and said if I can't beat might as well join them Lol. Anyways bro welcome and what's the deal with the 04 they ran it for a few years why not a 02 ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the paint on the 04...not to say the 02 or any other Rc is not purdee...like 'em all. By the way, i would probably get spanked by an MB5 now a days...

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Keep looking Sixdog, you'll find your '04. I wante an '06 real bad but they're so rare and the distances are too much for me to contend with so my '03 is just fine thank you very much. I had considered a 929 or a 954 cince i was already very familiar with the 1000rr and 600rr but actually had to have that vee motor. Thank gawd I found one!
Spanked by an MB5??? I don't think so:rolleyes: Unless there is an MB5 other than the one I'm thinking of;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea, at my age ( 50 ) I for one dont ride that fast anymore. When I'm riding around on one of my bikes I usually get the guy at the stop light that wants to race...back in the day ( 70's and 80's ) I would run but now I am content with just putting around...well I may want to show that MB5 a thing or two....:D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2004 Hayden decal kit

OK guys, I am ready (finally) to buy that 04 RC51. I am looking at 3 of them around my area. One of them does not have the sponsor decals on the it and the current owner has no idea what I am talking about. I called my local Honda dealer and they said the decal kit is only an HRC thing..??????....anyway does anyone know if they are available? I know my that with my 07 Repsol its a control part and if I show proof of ownership I can purchase the decal kit.....

Thanks for your input.....

btw...the RC without the decals is the lowest price so it makes it attractive but I have to take a close look at it.

·
Premium Member
8,328 Posts
They were a separate package that came with every '04 but some dealers didn't put them on and handed them over when they sold the bike.

One thing I would check while inspecting the bike is to make sure they are OEM plastics.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good point on the plastics...thanks bud!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No prob....someday there will be an RC30 on the list!!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts