RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post on this site and hopefully not the last. I purchased a 2000 SP1 last November, completely stock, with 8000 miles on it. New to the V Twin world. I've had 4 cyl sport bikes, 3 cyl street fighters, but nothing beats the growl of the V Twin. Set for life. Any recommendations on after market pipes? Not much left out there for an SP1 so any recommendations will be gladly accepted. Stay safe.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Haven't looked myself but there may be some for sale in the classified section seems like I have been seeing some cans for sale they may be for the SP2!! Good luck with the hunt and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
two brothers has quite a few slip ons for the sp1 still. Yoshi also. look on ebay

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
you can find some Yoshimura, Moriwaki, or Satos every once in a great while. What i recommend is find a set of after market mid pipes. i think Ben at RC51parts.com may have some yoshimura mid pipes....not sure if they are sp1. find a set like that and buy some Ladybird cans from Simon on ebay.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can find some Yoshimura, Moriwaki, or Satos every once in a great while. What i recommend is find a set of after market mid pipes. i think Ben at RC51parts.com may have some yoshimura mid pipes....not sure if they are sp1. find a set like that and buy some Ladybird cans from Simon on ebay.
Not keen on the look of the Two Brothers pipes. I've heard of quality issues with the D&D's. I can order a set of BlueFlame cans from England. They're great cans and I've had them on a couple of bikes before. That was before I moved to the States. I like the Ladybird's though. So you reckon I should contact Ben and see what he has for the midpipes?

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
the ladybirds are awesome. the quality and craftsmanship is a work of art. i have one on my BMW. They sound great to. one of the best sounding exhausts in my opinion.

·
Registered
94 Posts
See my Yoshi RS-3 carbons with mids in teh classifieds. Like new condition.

·
Premium Member
3,186 Posts
those carbon yoshimura pipes are really nice. great SP1 system.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some great advice lads, thank you very much. Ever heard of anyone putting fatty pipes on an RC51? The ones with the baffles in so that they are not too ridiculous? Someone suggested it to me and I thought it was quite humorous.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts