RC51 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
UK owner, here...
Had an SP2 back in the day, following my SP1 ownership.
Spent a few bob on her (as you do) and she was probably the best bike I have ever owned. Was vandalised, and a lot of nice parts stolen of it back in 2004, so I made her road worthy and traded her in for a GSXR 750...
A few days ago, I was aimlessly scrolling through facebook, when a bike shop ad popped up...
F*ck me, if I didn't recognise my old bike in a heartbeat! 馃槏馃槏馃槏
A hurried call to the dealer and, as soon as I get home, there will be an emotional reunion 馃ぃ
She'll be joining my Kawasaki 2018 ZZR1400PS and also my modded 2019 BMW S1000R gen 2 (200bhp) and will definitely and unashamedly be the garage queen.
I'll post photo's soon, once my hear beat has settled...

Paul

Registered
Hello and welcome

Did you originally get shut of it because of the heartbreak of those theiving scum robbing bits off the bike?
Has it done much mileage since you sold it?
Does it look the same as when you sold it?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello and welcome

Did you originally get shut of it because of the heartbreak of those theiving scum robbing bits off the bike?
Has it done much mileage since you sold it?
Does it look the same as when you sold it?
Hi, pretty much yes, I was gutted.
It was a pointless attack. I think they'd gone to steal it and failed.
They cut all the ignition and indicator wires (trying to stifle alarm?), stole my Akrapovic ti cans (left the rest of the ti system on bike. Prised up the lid on pillion space and stole the ECU (I think they thought it was the Power Commander!).
Had to get the bike shipped back to UK to cobble it together with original parts, then traded it in.

It's done just over 23k, looking at MOT history around 800 miles a year and one more owner! 1 advisory for a near bald front tyre.
Apart from a cheap set of cans (Carbon Can Co.) and crappy shorty levers and a screen change, it's as I left it.
A couple of things I'd done, which made it instantly recognisable to me, before I'd even seen the reg plate.
I'll give it a good clean, fluids refresh, suspension out for a proper service, change all bearings. Put an Akrapovic system back on, get it dyno'd, then just sit and lech over her...
Really cannot wait to pick her up. :love:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you鈥檇 taken it abroad when all this vandalism happened, that couldn鈥檛 be worse.

when are you picking your bike up? Do stick pictures up when you pick it up won鈥檛 you
Yes, we moved to Spain for a few years. Really was awkward, didn't have any facilities to hand, like I did at home...
I'll plaster photo's everywhere, once I pick it up.
Still away working for another week!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts