RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning!
I'm 61, have had my SP2 6 yrs now, 2nd owner. now have 40k on the ODO. Currently waiting for Kyle rebuilt forks delivery. Also splurged for HO204 and link. (Little kid in candy store excitement - one more time!). This alos has Pwr. Commander, Speedo Healer, 15-41, 520 Conversion, Flapper mod, Ohlins Steering Damper, front Blinker lights, Undertail, SATO TI High Bonsai and I added go Faster stickers (only) to the tail piece. Pirelli tires. Thinking of gold anodizing some parts next. Been a follower here in the past, so an overdue "thanks" for all the advice!!! It's always been right on.:grin2:

·
Registered
8,663 Posts
Welcome Clyde. (pardon my presumption of your first name :) )
Good intro. Your details are pretty similar to mine. Your bike is set up almost the same as mine, you're 3 years older than me, and ownership time and mileage are pretty close. I've had mine 8 years, 46K miles on the clock.

Wait till you get your forks back! You are going to be grinning from ear to ear when you get the suspension all dialed in. The difference was dramatically better for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to hear positive reinforcement of my decision to go to Kyle for this upgrade. Expect forks delivery next week according to UPS tracking. Will post Pics and comments after road test.

again thanks RCForum!

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Good to hear positive reinforcement of my decision to go to Kyle for this upgrade. Expect forks delivery next week according to UPS tracking. Will post Pics and comments after road test.

again thanks RCForum!
Welcome Clyde! BTW, My male Doberman's name was Clyde. Anyway, I'm hoping to do the same upgrade for my SP2. Be interested in hearing feedback on that for sure, even though it's ALL good from what I've heard so far. Don't be talking about being old. I'm too close to your age for that to be considered anywhere near old. These bikes will sure make you feel younger anyway, eh?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Back in the speedzilla days, someone there organized a suspension seminar at Kyle Racing. Dan has a room set aside just for the suspension work and yes, you can eat off the benches. Very clean and all the tools needed for forks and shocks. He walked us thru a 51 fork mod while we were there. No secrets just solid knowledge gained from racing at the top level. So as Jondog said, good choice and Russ you would not regret doing the same. Mike (LDH) does a quick turn around & for all us Norcal folks it's really fast because they are like 120-150 miles from Bay area.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Welcome Clyde the old guy that's a long list of goodies you have going there especially the new suspension upgrades.. looking forward to seeing pics of your bike when it's complete again

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally got around to taking some pics.

Just reformed-foamed the seat and used alligator vinyl. Way more comfortable, and no more sliding forward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts