RC51 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I'm currently (very excitedly) waiting for my first RC51 to arrive, or more commonly known as the VTR 1000 SP-Y / SP1/2 here in Blighty! I've wanted an SP ever since I bought a Firestorm way back in 2008, however for various reasons I've yet to own one until now!
MY SP1.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I entered a competition for a near mint condition RC51 for the princely sum of 拢19.95! Two weeks ago I'd just got in from my 1 hour permitted outdoor exercise, well, I walked to the supermarket and back which to me is two birds one stone..! 馃槀 Anyway, I'd just sat down and my mobile rang, I didn't recognise the number so ignored it thinking they'll leave a message or text if it's important!

Hell yeah it was important! I got a text from the competition runner asking me to call as soon as possible! Well, after pacing up and down my living room for maybe the 42,329,207 millionth time I called them convinced that I'd won a bike (I'd entered for two different bikes), and was sure that they don't text out of cruelty sort of a "Hi, Yeah just wanted to call to say hard luck loser - try again!" kinda thing!

Anyways, to cut a long story not particularly short, yesterday they posted on Facebook a video of her running (so sweetly!) and that it was being delivered next week!

My last bike which I really do miss which I had to sell almost 2 years ago was a ZZR1400 so really looking forward to having another bike again!

Buzzing!

Regards to all,
David

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi, welcome and congrats.

Bike looks to be in really good condition also. Happy countdown until you receive it!!
Hi Mate!

Can't wait to take delivery as you can imagine!

I've been a group member of a few SP1/2 Facebook groups for a while now so really happy I can finally call myself an owner!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Any updates? Was this too good to be true?
It's not arrived yet sadly! They're waiting for it to be registered as it's an import and unfortunately lockdown has slowed everything to a crawl!
It shouldn't be long (fingers crossed!), I'll definately update & post a few more photos when it arrives!

Registered
It's not arrived yet sadly! They're waiting for it to be registered as it's an import and unfortunately lockdown has slowed everything to a crawl! . . .
Hiya David. I hope you're not being shafted! I firmly believe that all registration process of imports can be done online, or so I recently found when I nearly brought in a 1996 Blade from Sweden.

There seems to have been a lot of these (SP-1 and SP-2) brought in from Germany over recent weeks. Because we are still Euro (in transitional period) the process is straight forward. I'm just hoping all will go okay for you.(y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mate,

Yeah thanks, I did worry a little bit as it's one of those 'until you can touch it it's not real' kinda things but the guy that runs the competition has been really good with communication plus I work as a parts guy at a Ducati (ironically) dealer and the GM said that the DVLA are being really slow at the moment due to lockdown so depending on when the application for registration was made it could take perhaps even 6 weeks! :oops:

Registered
Cheers David and sorry if I worried you. I am one of those 'over cautious' guys to the ever-present scamming that goes on now!! Sure sounds like you're on top of it. With Boris's news tomorrow night you might find things'll start speeding up. My local Honda dealer re-opens from Monday, so that's positive.

Shame I don't have a Ducati on the horizon:). Guess I was turned away by the 'spontaneous combustion' model!!:eek:

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers David and sorry if I worried you. I am one of those 'over cautious' guys to the ever-present scamming that goes on now!! Sure sounds like you're on top of it. With Boris's news tomorrow night you might find things'll start speeding up. My local Honda dealer re-opens from Monday, so that's positive.

Shame I don't have a Ducati on the horizon:). Guess I was turned away by the 'spontaneous combustion' model!!:eek:
View attachment 134415
Ha! Yeah I remember when a few instances of that seemed to crop up, that was before I worked there, I think that was early on in the V4's life? Not sure, definitely a warranty claim!!!

It's a company on facebook that's run quite number of bike comps with a trust pilot rating of 4.9 I think so I'm sure it's legit! I'll post a few photos (most likely 300-400 like we all do) once it arrives!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts